Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Jul 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,322 of 1,472
LOL no man the xba h3 sounded exellent . I have a pair of xba 3 (the triple balanced armature ones) they didn't pair correctly

I never ever use eq

me too. i use the xba-4 with the walkman and it sounds dry. no bass and mids were barely there. the walkman sounds awesome with the ESW-9 though.

btw, does anyone use the UE 900 with this walkman?
am considering an upgrade from the XBA-4 to the UE-900 before stopping for a long while to save up for the SE846 =D

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #1,327 of 1,472
  me too. i use the xba-4 with the walkman and it sounds dry. no bass and mids were barely there. the walkman sounds awesome with the ESW-9 though.

Hi, I was wondering if you had the choice between the ESW-9, the Sennheiser HD 25 or the ATH-M50 which would be paired best with the f886 without an external amp?  Thanks, I am close to choosing, but I think I need a push lol.  

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,329 of 1,472
Hey guys, just wondering how these compare to the Japanese Z1000 series and more common DX90 and X5? Also something like a Samsung Galaxy S3?

What's the going rate on these? Seems pricing is all over the place
I bought my Walkman F887 for $399.99 on Amazon, it is not as good (sound quality wise) as my Ibasso dx90 but it's still better than my filo x3 in a lot of regards

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #1,331 of 1,472
Thanks for the reply! Main advantage I take it is the Android platform and their apps? Which DAC chip does the F88x player use? Can't find that on web searches but I do get the Sony named enhancements..

And last, any newer versions to be had at the same price point?
actually it's better than the fiio x3 in terms of clarity and speed, maybe even in perceived Soundstage. Sony doesn't specifically name the dac they use

By newer versions if you mean Walkman than no, the zx1 is better but double the price. If you have a $400 budget and you ONLY want a dap and not apps & touchscreen than I suggest buying a fiio x5, ibasso dx90, or hisoundaudio studio v. All 3 of those will easily defeat the F880 and maybe even the mighty zx1

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #1,332 of 1,472
The Sony particularly interests me because of the ability to have Spotify Premium (offline). Just trying to figure how much of an upgrade to a say e18 + galaxt s3 or an s3 by itself.

Im hesitant with the music specific dap because I dont have that great of a Flac/cd library. (Yet)
actually it's better than the fiio x3 in terms of clarity and speed, maybe even in perceived Soundstage. Sony doesn't specifically name the dac they use

By newer versions if you mean Walkman than no, the zx1 is better but double the price. If you have a $400 budget and you ONLY want a dap and not apps & touchscreen than I suggest buying a fiio x5, ibasso dx90, or hisoundaudio studio v. All 3 of those will easily defeat the F880 and maybe even the mighty zx1

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #1,333 of 1,472
The Sony particularly interests me because of the ability to have Spotify Premium (offline). Just trying to figure how much of an upgrade to a say e18 + galaxt s3 or an s3 by itself.

Im hesitant with the music specific dap because I dont have that great of a Flac/cd library. (Yet)
if I were you I would stick with the fiio e18 + galaxy s3 and spend $250 on cds and the rest on an SD card

But the F880 is superior to the fiio e18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back