Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Jul 21, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,295 of 1,472
How different is the F806 from the F886? Can't find it here and they just keep showing me the 806.

More detail, better soundstage, and bit more power (especially with the disable sound enhancement trick). Larger screen, better UI, and the side buttons are a huge plus. I had the F806, and was happy when I traded it in for a gift card towards my f887 purchase on Amazon.

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #1,297 of 1,472
The only discount that I found so far is the for my hands extremly slippery backside surface. I dropped it two or three times before the silicone cover arrived. So you might want to order a cover upfront before you drop it.

Jul 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #1,299 of 1,472
What EQ are people using?

Ive been using the ClearAudio+ thing, which after a while becomes quite boomy and tiring.

I've tried turning everything (sound enhancements) off and it sounds a little tiny.

Most (but not all) members are against EQ here, living in a world where one changes their headphone, source, cable, pads, and many other things I'm probably forgetting to completely avoid equalising and seek the sound they're searching for. Myself included up until a few weeks ago. I don't mind a little guilty EQ in the upper mids, but not too much. Just enough to still be classed as an audiophile. :wink:

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #1,300 of 1,472
More detail, better soundstage, and bit more power (especially with the disable sound enhancement trick). Larger screen, better UI, and the side buttons are a huge plus. I had the F806, and was happy when I traded it in for a gift card towards my f887 purchase on Amazon.
do you just mean no eq and sound enhancements? Or is there more? I'm just curious because you called it a trick

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #1,301 of 1,472
So essentially I am not missing anything if I were to use 3rd party music player? I suppose the eq and stuff will still be applied since they are global. My main aim is to be able to play ogg and flac since the default player does not support them.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,302 of 1,472
Most (but not all) members are against EQ here, living in a world where one changes their headphone, source, cable, pads, and many other things I'm probably forgetting to completely avoid equalising and seek the sound they're searching for. Myself included up until a few weeks ago. I don't mind a little guilty EQ in the upper mids, but not too much. Just enough to still be classed as an audiophile.
wink.gif

As do I, usually.

But with no EQ and no enhancements the player is sounding disappointing.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #1,303 of 1,472
I have:
Clear bass level 5
DSSEE HX ON
CLEAR STEREO ON
CLEAR PHASE ON

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #1,304 of 1,472
So essentially I am not missing anything if I were to use 3rd party music player? I suppose the eq and stuff will still be applied since they are global. My main aim is to be able to play ogg and flac since the default player does not support them.

Use power amp and it's integrated eq, that thing really works wonders (using my XBA-H3 I had to reduce a bit the bass and increase the mids a tiny bit, the effect was astounding)

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,305 of 1,472
I'm using the xba h3 with my f887 and it great, I listen to mostly metal music. I think eventually I might get the JVC Kenwood fx850

I heard its better for metal music and that it has great synergy with the f880

Users who are viewing this thread

Back