Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Apr 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,126 of 1,472
Unless using the pha2 the F886 actually last at least 5 days... Try to uninstall any program that causes it to go down on battery as the F886 is very finicky with apps and battery.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #1,127 of 1,472
Hi guys,

I was after some advice. I've been listening to music on my F886 - cd's ripped to flac 44.1. Sometime ago, I tried the jriver free trial.
During this trial, I converted a couple of albums to DSD. ( or I should say, dsf. ) I had forgotten about these two albums, but noticed yesterday, that they were showing in my Sony media go library under High Resolution. I transferred them to my F886, and was pleasantly surprised that they are playing back in 192/24. They sound great, BUT there's an annoying click, at the end of / beginning of each track.
To see about rectifying that, I decided to purchase jriver earlier today. I know it's a new softwear to get used to, but I have had the most annoying, frustrating time so far !!
I clicked on an album to convert to DSD / dsf, ( which has transferred to my media go library, with no problems, 192/24. ) but when I transfer to my player, via jriver, it does not playback in 192/24....and it's also not transferred the whole album !
Is it possible to convert to 192/24 & playback in this mode, on my F886, using jriver ? Any help would be very much appreciated !

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #1,128 of 1,472
Thanks for the coment Demibeard.

Can anyone else comment on this player with Marshall Monitors or similar (they are 48 ohm).

Thanks!

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,130 of 1,472
THanks, weirdly the SQ seems much better now.  Could it be something to do with the v1.10 update that I recently installed?

I now think battery life is the only downside to this player.  I have a Sony xperia phone which lasts days (almost a week) without charging.  I can see having the charge this player several times a week.

Does it have to be charged from a computer or can I charge it from the mains?

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #1,131 of 1,472
  THanks, weirdly the SQ seems much better now.  Could it be something to do with the v1.10 update that I recently installed?

I now think battery life is the only downside to this player.  I have a Sony xperia phone which lasts days (almost a week) without charging.  I can see having the charge this player several times a week.

Does it have to be charged from a computer or can I charge it from the mains?

You can buy USB adapters which plug to a wall outlet, which have a USB out on them. You can also get one for your car cigarette lighter.

Have you tried turning off all Android stuff - wifi, bluetooth, and all apps. You can check what's draining your battery as described in a previous post.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #1,132 of 1,472
Maybe it drains the battery so fast, because it is so good that you just use it much more than you feel? I mean the new toy effect...........

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #1,138 of 1,472
  Just downloaded my one DSD track,sounds nice but not much point unless I can hook up the 886 to some external storage,where can I find a cable to do this?

Wifi or DLAN enabled harddrives will work.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,139 of 1,472
As soon as you posted this, I turned off airplane mode... and vualah... UPDATE AVAILABLE!

"vualah"? Surely you mean "viola".

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back