Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Feb 23, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #1,024 of 1,472

Noticed your Fiio E12. I bought an E12 about a week or so ago, paired with my F886. ( I don't have the ZX-1. ) How does this combo compare ? With the F886 it is truly amazing !! I have never heard my portable music sound so good ! Just wonderful crisp detail, with any music genre / album I've tried so far. Very "live" sounding.
I hope you enjoy your ZX-1....I'm sure you will !

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #1,025 of 1,472
Noticed your Fiio E12. I bought an E12 about a week or so ago, paired with my F886. ( I don't have the ZX-1. ) How does this combo compare ? With the F886 it is truly amazing !! I have never heard my portable music sound so good ! Just wonderful crisp detail, with any music genre / album I've tried so far. Very "live" sounding.
I hope you enjoy your ZX-1....I'm sure you will !

This is actually the same thing you have, except its the 64gb F887.

I wish I had the ZX1 lol

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,027 of 1,472
Sorry, I was getting a bit muddled, with the thread I thought I was on ! lol

Lol! We've all been there, my friend.

What headphones are you using, BTW? Also, do you find yourself preferring the analog output into the E12 rather than the headphone out of the F886?

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #1,028 of 1,472
Lol! We've all been there, my friend.

What headphones are you using, BTW? Also, do you find yourself preferring the analog output into the E12 rather than the headphone out of the F886?

Well, I suffer from a condition that affects my "cognitive" function, so that's a added problem ! ( Which you'll probably gather from my next sentence ! lol )
I originally used the supplied cable, but have since connected with a Fiio L5 cable. I haven't switched back & forth, so I can't really say if there is a difference, but I suspect there is ?
I've got 4 pairs of headphones, but other than trying the Sony MDR-10 RC, very briefly, I have found that I've been unable to remove my Sony MDR-1RNC from my head, since buying the E12 !

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #1,029 of 1,472
You should compare. You will appreciate the L5 option much more, I promise :)

With your cans being Sony's, however, you may get a better pairing straight out of the F880's headphone out by itself. I may be wrong, though...

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #1,030 of 1,472
You should compare. You will appreciate the L5 option much more, I promise
smily_headphones1.gif

With your cans being Sony's, however, you may get a better pairing straight out of the F880's headphone out by itself. I may be wrong, though...

Yes, I'm sure that's the case, regards the L5 connection. ( I will switch to the other cable, to compare. ) Are you saying to use the F886, without the E12 ( With Sony cans. ) ?? ( Brain malfunction ! )

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #1,031 of 1,472
Are you saying to use the F886, without the E12 ( With Sony cans. ) ?? ( Brain malfunction ! )

Yes, I've read most Sony cans pair very well with these even without an amp. Would be interesting to see what you think after comparing.

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #1,032 of 1,472
Yes, I've read most Sony cans pair very well with these even without an amp. Would be interesting to see what you think after comparing.

I needed the amp, for volume ( volume cap. ) although the Sony MDR=1RNC do give that aspect a bit of oomph. ( used on their own. ) Without a doubt, I'd say the E12, just adds so much more. I think a little cold / analytical, without it ??

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #1,033 of 1,472
I needed the amp, for volume ( volume cap. ) although the Sony MDR=1RNC do give that aspect a bit of oomph. ( used on their own. ) Without a doubt, I'd say the E12, just adds so much more. I think a little cold / analytical, without it ??

Ah, I see. I totally agree with the improvement one gets with the E12 using the analog out on the walkmans. I was just wondering if it was the same applied for more sensitive cans such as the Sony's.

Thanks

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,035 of 1,472
I'll try & remove my MDR-1RNC's from my head, this week, and try my other headphone's.....

I had the vanilla MDR-1 as it came out. I was no impressed and sold it ofter some time. And the reviews I saw tell that the version that you have sounds even more off. You might want to try some other cans with that lovely dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back