Walkman Nwz-E465. An excellent audio player or not?
Feb 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

doniethegreat

Head-Fier
Is this portable audio device a good buy or not? I am Donie and I'm a newbie here. I'm from philippines so there is no way I can buy audiophile music players like cowon, s:flo2, and creative. All that is available here is ipod(which is I dont like) and sony walkman. Please tell me if thiswalkman variant stated above performs great when it comes to overall sound quality or not because I am only looking for a music player with excellent sound quality. Thanks for your reply.
beyersmile.png

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 3
It has great sound quality, but has some annoyances. No support for mp3 files at low bitrates or low sampling rates(which some podcasts and lectures are at, so they would need to be converted first to be playable). it doesn't have the resume feuture the Sandisk players have for audiobooks and podcasts.It has a proprietary connector and cable. It doesn't have a card slot. On the plus side, it has very long battery life(over 40 hours?).

If you want a music only player and don't mind the proprietary connector, lack of a card slot, and having only 16GB then go for it. If you listen to podcasts, audiobooks, or want to be able to add a cheap 32GB card, then get a Sandisk Clip+ or Clip Zip. These Clip players have only around 12 hours of battery life though, and some people get a small usb battery pack if they want more than 12 hours of play time. A 2GB Clip+ and a 32GB micro SDHC card gives a nice 34GB player for around $60 vs $110 for the 16GB Sony E465(US pricing). Getting more than double the storage in a player for around half the price sounds like a better deal to me!

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 3
I am not very particular with those audiobooks and podcasts sir, I am just looking for some audio players that can play any kind of genre of songs, and those that can play "all the sounds" equally. What I mean here is that is this e465 caplable of reproducing every instruments sound? especially when im listening to genres that have so many synthesizers. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back