Waiting on an amp being built for you? Chime in here
Jul 1, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 88
Your best bet would be asking the aristaeus people
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

These dudes are the pinnacle of the adage "patience of a nun" which is funny as that would even drive nuns to swear like a sailor.

Jul 1, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #18 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
Yep, waiting for my Xin SuperMacro IV. Hope it shows up before my next trip out of town...

Same here. I think I've logged 4 weeks so far. How long's it been for you?

Jul 1, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #19 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by aufeuer
Same here. I think I've logged 4 weeks so far. How long's it been for you?

Not that long, only 1 week. I think my SM3V6 took like 5-6 weeks to arrive after I ordered it last year, so I think I will be using it for a little while longer before the IV arrives...

Jul 1, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #20 of 88
"Your best bet would be asking the aristaeus people"

I've only been waiting 6 months after laying out a $1000 deposit with no input or updates. Some people have been waiting almost a year.

I'd ask the builder but I know it's useless. 9 weeks ago I asked and was told it's another 3 or 4 weeks out?

I'd expect August or September maybe if i'm lucky.

Mitch

Jul 1, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #21 of 88
I too am building amps. I've got everything just about ready to start the assembly EXCEPT the pcbs.
mad.gif
So I can't even get started yet. I guess it's been about 2 months so far since the idea to build my amps. I'm guessing it'll be another month to build and test.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #23 of 88
i'm spending roughly 600 usd for the parts. dont know how much my builder will charge me
smily_headphones1.gif
i may have to buy him a few drinks to get the price down. i'm in manila by the way, so dont think you'd want to get one built from here.

no one link for the parts and instructions. i worked off the F1 service manual from the firstwatt site and various posts over at www.diyaudio.com.

you can cut down the parts cost alot if you can get some buddies and have ~3 made. i ordered most of my stuff from RS components as they have a branch here.

heatsinking this thing is a pain! 100watts is no joke to dissipate, either massive passive cooling (think 300x300mm big heatsink) or some fans are needed.

good luck!

Jul 4, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #24 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I'm waiting on my M3 from SFT Audio. It should ship out on Monday. I ordered it on Sunday of this week but it feels like it's been an eternity. I want it so badly
frown.gif

Shipped!

A beautiful picture from SFT:
M3

tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #25 of 88
It's been a while since I've checked, but how does one get in touch with SFT Audio? I noticed that his website has been taken off for a while now, so I lost all contact information.

Jul 4, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #28 of 88
I'm awaiting for my Little Dot II+.
And I told my friend to get me a Little Dot Micro+ for me in China.

Jul 4, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #29 of 88
Waiting on my Darkvoice at the moment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Right now I'm making do with the headphone out on my CA Azur 640A, which though not particularly bad, has an awfully compressed soundstage that's anything but spacious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back