Waiting for the hd 650 and the Aria Corda ;D
Mar 16, 2006 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cornincrap

New Head-Fier
I just ordered both the hd 650 and the Aria Corda, and man!!!! I cannot wait 'till it gets here, since I've heard so great things about the duo here
580smile.gif

I just recently joined and already splashed the cash
biggrin.gif
... but now that I've ordered those two, what more to get to companion my 650's and Corda? anything to improve the sound?

but I dont wanna spend insane amounts to get a few % better sound in the overall estimate, so it has to be reasonable investments if I have to put down more money on this setup
very_evil_smiley.gif

;D Cheers

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 8
Depends on what you already have. What will be your source? A few more details of you rig would certainly help......
eggosmile.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore
Depends on what you already have. What will be your source? A few more details of you rig would certainly help......
eggosmile.gif

I'll use it on my PC, and with the Aria Corda amp it should act like an external soundcard
lambda.gif
... actually I dont know what else to write, I am kinda new to this, but I'm getting the feeling I'll be addicted to the head-fi forum
etysmile.gif

My pc: Intel Intel P4 Northwood 2800 Mhz, 2 gb geIl RAM, and an onboard soundcard

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 8
Yep, if you haven't spent enough yet, a nice cable upgrade will do a lot. (Note that this statement is made imho; there are many members who argue that cables do not impact sound significantly. I tend to politely disagree. More information here.)

Using HD 600s with an Aria, I really like the sound of both the Cardas and Blue Dragon upgrade cables. I tend to think the former synergizes better, at least with regard to my personal listening tastes, but both cables perform exceptionally relative to the rather unspectacular stock cable.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornincrap
actually I dont know what else to write

that was totaly sufficent
biggrin.gif

Because if you use Aria with a computer, the answer is fairly simple:
Nothing else, beside some good music!
You have everything you need: a great amp, a great set of cans.
The only way to tweak your setup would be to replace the stock cable of the HD650. But for starters thats way too much. Go enjoy your rig as it is, and leave headfi right now!!! ( i mean it...
wink.gif
)

Because if you stay, you will begin to doubt if your setup is any good, in comparison with other stuff out there: what about the K701? a new amp? some new cables? a new source? and so on, and on, and on...........
In short: Your current rig will be great. No need to change anything if you like it.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
Yep, if you haven't spent enough yet, a nice cable upgrade will do a lot. (Note that this statement is made imho; there are many members who argue that cables do not impact sound significantly. I tend to politely disagree.

See, that's why headfi is such a dangerous place
biggrin.gif

My opinion on this, that cables DO change the sound of a can, but they are NOT worth the price you have to pay for -imo- minor changes in sound.

but if learnt a thing or two about headfi, it's that you now planted the seed of doubt in Cornincrap's brain if he should really do it....
I can only repeat what i said before: Enjoy your rig as it is (or better will be
wink.gif
)

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore
Because if you stay, you will begin to doubt if your setup is any good, in comparison with other stuff out there: what about the K701? a new amp? some new cables? a new source? and so on, and on, and on...........
In short: Your current rig will be great. No need to change anything if you like it.

True Story.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back