Wait for new Shures or buy Westone 3?
Mar 2, 2009 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

phnx90

Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I've got a pair of (working) SE530s with rubber guards which have come off somehow. Shure is refusing to fix the pair for me since I didn't get them from an 'authorised retailer', but thankfully the damage is purely aesthetic and doesn't affect sound quality whatsoever.

The thing is, I'm tempted to buy a pair of Westone 3s, but I'm pretty sure that Shure (lol) hasn't released anything new in a while...dunno if any news has been released on any upcoming products yet (doubt it), but you think it's worthwhile waiting for Shure to release something savvy, or do you think I'm better-off selling my broken-but-still-working SE530s to buy the Westone 3s?

Thanks

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 5
(psst, wrong subforum)

I'd wait. Save that money for something really good. Think of it this way, IF Shure made something new and your had the W3's, would you hate yourself for not being patient?

If yes: Wait
If no: Do what you feel like doing.

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 5
So you're saying that you have Shure 530s that are "semi-broken" but you are thinking about getting some Westone 3s. If this is the case, I would just wait and save your money.
There might be a better IEM on the market later down the road and if this does happen, you might be a little disappointing at your purchase.
If you have the money to spare, then I would say go for it.

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 5
For me, I will wait until it dies out. Since better iem is yet to come, and shure 530 is few years ago, may shure already invent their new big gun now.

Not if you are loaded, like to try something new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back