wahhh, make my E2s more comfy...
Dec 3, 2004 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
The silicones hurt my ears. ; ;

I don't have any medium foamies and I don't think two dollars a pair is a fair price.

They sound good but comfort is important especially on my portable unit...

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 23
I found the E3C uncomfortable at first, but then I switched to the smallest tip, and used it for a while. My ears felt SUPER WEIRD the whole day, even after I took them off, but now I can't even tell they're there sometimes
smily_headphones1.gif
. (The foamies are awesome by the way, and ime they're perfectly durable if you take care of them)

Dec 3, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #5 of 23
I'm using the medium flex sleeve; the small doesn't get a seal. The pain is usually on my right ear, at the point of contact the very tip of the sleeve against the inside of my ear. Hurts the second I put them in. -.-'

Dec 3, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 23
Two bucks isn't that bad if it makes your $70.00 headphones wearable. I like the Med foam, very comfortable, good seal.

Dec 3, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 23
Yup, I use the medium foamy also. I had trouble with the E2c when I first got them. I was very disappointed with the sound and they hurt my ear. But after a few more trys I actually got them in right so they sounded very nice and it was more comfortable. I suggest you spend the $2 and make yourself happy.
tongue.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 23
Try giving it a few days aeriyn, I had the exact same problem you are describing. After a few days of pain, my ears adjusted and the listening became much more comfortable.

It it doesn't get better though, I'd get some foamies.

Dec 3, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #9 of 23
I just ordered the Shure E2Cs and would like to know what this "foamie plug" talk is all about. What's included in the box? Are these "foamie plugs" included in the package? Where can I get them if they don't come with the package?

Dec 3, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
I just ordered the Shure E2Cs and would like to know what this "foamie plug" talk is all about. What's included in the box? Are these "foamie plugs" included in the package? Where can I get them if they don't come with the package?

E2C comes with three pairs of foamies and flex-sleeves, one pair of each size.

Dec 3, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 23
I was the same way with my Shures. I first used the small grey soft flex sleeves for a few weeks because I didn't think the other sleeves were as comfortable. I got used to it like that, but then I lost one of my small sleeves, so I was forced to change to medium grey sleeves.

The mediums offered a far better seal, and as a result, the bass got WAY better.

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 23
Well, see the problem is my ear insides are not the same... one is bigger than the other one. o.O The foamies handle this much better than the flex sleeves, but I don't have any medium foamies, the smalls don't get a good seal and the larges make everything muddy and just ick.

The medium flex sleeves fit my left ear like a glove; no pain, only a mild feeling of pressure. However they're a shade too large for my right ear and thus I feel a pressure point from the rim of the flex sleeve on the leading edge. I tried one medium and one small, but the smalls are so much smaller than the mediums... so it doesn't work.

I'd be fine with getting foamies, but how long do they last? I mean, are they washable? Or do I just throw them away after a few uses? I thought from their looks they were kinda like foamy earplugs, which you generally don't use more than a few times.

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #13 of 23
Foamies are the way to go, no doubt about it. Each set should last you about a month or so. If you find them getting a little on the dirty side, a quick wash with soap and water will do.

Dec 4, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #14 of 23
took me a while to get used to the silicon aswell. however, once your ears "break in" you forget about them. i don't think they'll ever be "confortable" you just won't notice them as much. it's just slight constant pressure, sort of like when going up in an airplane.

but you get used to it, and its well worth the isolation for uses on public transit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back