Wadia iTransport iPod Dock Gets Bit-Perfect Digital from iPods!
Apr 25, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #287 of 428
jude I'm dying to know how is it? Great pics too. What are the last bug's/issues they are concerned with? I think I'm gonna order my 160 gig ipod.
rolleyes.gif

Thnaks
James

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #288 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just hope they'll bring out a portable version. I already have a very nice music server but this thing is too big to carry around.

There is the Cowon iAudio Q5W that has SPDIF out. It´s like an Ipod with the use of the digital out from the Wadia 170 iTransport. But only in terms of DAP -> Digital Out.

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #289 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by smacdab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
itransport is not an ipone, so they cannot permit to feed the hype.
so it's end of the this show.

who's next? I hope Xitel is doing a good job.

You wasted your 1st post on that?

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #290 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattydraddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is the Cowon iAudio Q5W that has SPDIF out. It´s like an Ipod with the use of the digital out from the Wadia 170 iTransport. But only in terms of DAP -> Digital Out.

Doesn't that need the dock for S/PDIF? Is the Cowon dock portable?

Apr 27, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #292 of 428
May 19, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #297 of 428
According to a shop (with large stock/order) the itransport should appear next week as it has now been shipped out. Hopefully received one next week. Well it better be good or at least equal to other similar products, given that it cost double here in the UK ($700!!) lol
frown.gif

May 20, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #298 of 428
I put in an order at musicdirect.com. Why not I thought? I have found different transports have different sound qualities or signatures or something. I.e, M-Audio Audiophile USB, Squeezebox, Roku, Trends DA10 all sounded different to me with the same DAC and amplifier and headphones.

So I figure this might be worth the try. I might cancel if it takes too long to deliver or if I become so happy with my current transport -- M-Audio Audiophile-- three times owned now
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried searching this thread and did not come up with any hits-- question: the remote will allow you to fast forward (fast-forward) and rewind, yes?

[EDIT] I called Musicdirect. The initial production does not include a remote. Also even once the remote is released it will not perform fast-forward, rewind within a track-- so to skip to a section of a song you have to reach over to the iPod itself and perform the function. Sounds kind of limited from a real-life usability standpoint; perhaps the IR Apple remote will be useful-- but does this work with the Wadia iTransport? I do not know.

May 20, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #299 of 428
One more question: For PC users who heavily rely on playlists seeking a bit perfect transport that also has a visual display of playlists-- what are the options (aside from Foobar via ASIO)? Also devices like the Squeezebox Duet do not allow fast-forward, rewind of ALAC songs.

May 20, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #300 of 428
has anyone had their hands on this yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back