wadia 26 any good ?
Oct 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nightrhyme

Head-Fier
In my hunt for a decent DAC I auditioned a few including a Wadia 12 (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/494089/dac-testing-not-much-difference)
which after a little guidance I found to sound quite good. However the Wadia 12 wasn't for sale.

Now I have been offered a Wadia 26 for about 550$. Would that be a good deal ? I obviously know it doesn't support high res files but I just want musicallity
If I was going for a new DAC then the stello 100 would be like 930$. 

How much more money would I have to spend to get a much better NEW dac than the Wadia 26 ?

Hope to get some opinions 
wink_face.gif

Thanx in advance

NR

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 4
First make sure there's nothing wrong with it because a Wadia 26 at that price is literally unheard of. Whenever I see them for sale, they are usually around $2k+. There's a Wadia 25 for sale on these forums and the guy wants something like 1200 euros. The 26 is the next model up and almost top of the line for their older stuff. If you liked the 12, then the 26 is a no brainer at that price.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
First make sure there's nothing wrong with it because a Wadia 26 at that price is literally unheard of. Whenever I see them for sale, they are usually around $2k+. There's a Wadia 25 for sale on these forums and the guy wants something like 1200 euros. The 26 is the next model up and almost top of the line for their older stuff. If you liked the 12, then the 26 is a no brainer at that price.

Thanx for reply
The sparseinfo on the net regarding Wadia's old dac's is that the Wdia 25 should be the best of the old line.

I really don't find it a NO brainer. I'm still in doubt whether to get this old DAC or a NEW and how much I would have to pay NEW to achieve the same level of soundquality as the Wadia ?

Oct 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 4
The 27ix was the best of their more recent line. If my memory is correct, before that, the 26, 25, 15, and 12, and digimaster in descending order.  Although the 25 did come in an i version and that one would probably be ahead of the 26. If you're still in doubt, tell me where you can get it from for $550 and I'll buy it and you can buy something new
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back