Wadia 151 power DAC mini
Oct 14, 2010 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dohara

New Head-Fier
Hi

Anyone has got any experience with Wadia 151 power dac mini ?
I have not found too many reviews.

As i see from the specifications it has got no output connections.
Is there any possibility (any equippment to attach it to) to use it with my headphones?

Source is iPod classic with Wadia 170iTransport

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi all

sorry that i resurract this topic, but the wadia 151 power dac mini is one on my list and i need to know if i could use it with my headphones.
The specifications show that there are only speaker connections and there is no headphone connection.
Is there any device, an adapter maybe? that i could use to transform the speaker connections into a headphone connection?

Thanks in advance
David

Oct 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 7
The PowerDAC is meant to drive speakers. I don't know if the PowerDAC uses a bridged connection, but if it doesn't then you can easily find DIY schematics to build a headphone adapter for it.

However, I'd still advise against it -- for its price, you should be able to find other DACs and amps (or DAC+amp combos) that are more tailored to your equipment and requirements.

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi MadCow

Thanks for your reply.
The powerDAC would be driving my Canton chrono 507 DC speakers but i'd also like to use my headphones to listen to music overnight. I'm not a technical person, don't know how to build a headphone adapter. I will try to look it up and as well as will try to figure out if the powerDAC uses a bridged connection or not.

Would you help me and direct me to the forum or website where building headphone adapters is discussed?

Thanks,
David

Mar 19, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 7
Hi all

sorry that i resurract this topic, but the wadia 151 power dac mini is one on my list and i need to know if i could use it with my headphones.
The specifications show that there are only speaker connections and there is no headphone connection.
Is there any device, an adapter maybe? that i could use to transform the speaker connections into a headphone connection?

Thanks in advance
David

Well, you can use it with old Stax headphones and old Audio-technica electrets.

You could also use a converter to go from speaker output to RCA output. For example, Audio-technica AT-HLC110.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back