WA7 " Hum "
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Carmantom

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm pulling my head out trying to track down a hum in headphone system.   Specs are:  Matrix X-Sabre Dac  >  WA7P Power Supply >  WA7 Amplifier  >  Audeze LCD2       Zu Power cable  All cables shielded and high quality.   I have changed several sets of tubes i both P.S. and Amp thereby ruling those out.  I have changed power cords.  I haves tried 3 different out lets in different parts of the house.  I went to attic and got the solid state power supply.  I hooked it up and everything was fine.  No hum.  Now my problem is to my ears there is considerable difference between the solid state and the tube power supply.  I highly prefer the WA7P over the SS PS.  I wondered about ground loop and figured if solid state did not give hum and tube did out of the same outlet, that would probably rule that out.  I had also wondered about the jack, but after it worked with the solid state I ruled that out.  I must mention it does not get noisier when I turn the volume up.  I must also say this is a very low hum in the right ear and not the left.  This ruled out my imagination.  Some might not be bothered by a slight hum, but it drives me crazy since I listen to a lot of classical, often with long pauses.  To me the space between the notes are as important as the notes.  I want black background only.  i am not used to hum, especially with Woo Audio.  I am always ok with a premium for there components since they are great quality.  My WA6 SE was totally black.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 6
By Golly, PleasantSounds you nailed it.  I see so many pictures showing them side by side.  Little did I ever think that would be the problem.  
dt880smile.png
  Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back