Wa7 amp dropout issue
May 11, 2014 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fig7155

New Head-Fier
Since receiving my Wa7 there has been issues regarding drop outs and crackles for about 4 seconds every 30 minutes or so. The issue appears to cause the sound to lag in regards to any video content that I am using. I am using Windows 8 and have updated the drivers supplied by Woo. It's slightly startling as from looking all over the internet I cannot find a single person having the same or a remotely similar issue. This isn't remote to a single media player, it is across all computer audio. Checking with the DPC latency checker it is definitely an issue with latency and not one with the amplifier itself. Anyone had a similar issue in regards to conflicting drivers or problems with the DAC? Any help would be much appreciated.

May 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 2
If you are using a USB port as the output from the PC try all of the ports available to see if one gives you better results.  To me it sounds like a USB 3.0 issue.  Switching USB ports should hopefully fix the issue.

If that does not work try a different USB cable.  It may sound silly, but many users have reported that using different USB cables have fixed this issue.  It does not have to be expensive, just try a few different types.

Finally, it could be the USB driver itself specially if it is an ASUS driver.

One person with similar issues found this result:

"I deleted the ASMedia USB3 driver, then I Uninstalled all USB3 and USB ports from Hardware Manager. Then I rebooted and let Windows 8.1 auto-configure them. The Modi works fine in the blue USB3 port with Windows drivers. All my other USB things are plugged in the USB 2.0."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back