Wa22 or Liquid Glass and DAC
May 12, 2015 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sonic Guild

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am torn between Wa22 and Liquid Glass. I am aware that the Wa22 is fully balanced, but still not sure which one to buy. 

I am also looking for a DSD DAC that is musical and match the Wa22 and Liquid Glass.

Regarding the amp, please feel free to suggest something else other than the Wa22 and Liquid Glass.  

My main headphones, LCD3. 

May 12, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 10
Is the Woo fully balanced? 
There has been some debate about that.

May 12, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 10

According to Woo website, yes it is fully balanced.
I got this from woo web "
WA22 Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifier​
 ​
Balanced design from input to output​
".

Yes but there are people on this site who dispute that. I am no EE but there was a thread on this matter (http://www.head-fi.org/t/634551/woo-wa22-balanced-vs-unbalanced-input) that disputes that.

Just thought you should know. I don't know either way, like I said I am no EE.

May 12, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 10

Wow!

Dude thanks for letting me know. 

But what do think about Wa22 or Liquid Glass and DAC? Can u suggest something? 

The Woo22 is generally too tubey for me, would need a lot of tube rolling for my tastes, have not heard the liquid glass but don't think it would be as tubey sounding from what I have read.

Have you thought about the Little Dot MK6+. Very powerful balanced tube amp that according to people who have heard it out performs the Woo for much less money.
Also maybe consider the Decware Taboo (but I don't think it's balanced), supposed to be very good with LCD's.

Can't really help with DAC choice. i think DSD DAC's are not very common.

May 12, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #7 of 10
I would hit up a Matrix X-Sabre DAC and a Liquid Glass if I had the money. The Cavalli Liquid Glass is the best sounding amp I have heard to date. The X-Sabre is a little warme but does DSD well and should pair well with the neutrality of the Liquid Glass

May 12, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #9 of 10
Any idea about the Vega by Auralic?

Heard it once, don't remember anything about it. I think it was acceptable, but definitely not the LG or a DNA Stratus. I would get either a stratus, a LG, or a headamp GS-X. Personally, I would take the LG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back