Wa22+HD800 and EDM music?
Feb 10, 2015 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

coinmaster

1000+ Head-Fier
Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Earth, Milkyway
Hi, I've been mulling over getting a dream sound system for a while now.
I crave neutrality but I'm also a bit of a mid/high junkie.
I like to listen to "Touhou" music which is a large fan base of music comprised of countless genres usually mixed together. However they usually err on the EDM/Classical side with a lot of female vocals.

I have no way of testing Woo Audio equipment unless someone near new york knows otherwise.

Having previously tried the HD800s and the TH900 and briefly tested the T1 and LCD-X I can say that I think the HD800s will be my headphone of choice in a pinch.
I love mids and highs and I can do without a whole lot of bass if need be. The only problem I have is the HD800s "blandness" or "lack of soul" with genres other than classical music.

Does anyone here have experience with the Wa22? If so can you tell me if they do well EDM and the HD800?
I've heard that the Wa22+WDS1 brings the soul into the HD800.

I might try to bite the big bullet and go straight for the top but I need information first.

Thanks

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 4
Personaly for EDM specifically , I would choose a solid state amp who gives the HD800 more consistent bass slam  and enough speed for EDMs . With that, I 'll add a metrum Octave or Hex ( depends on budget and SE vs BAL amp) . the Metrum DAC adds so much texture and body .. it will add all the soul you need :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back