WA 6 as pre-amp...
Sep 2, 2008 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MGLDyson

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone else do this/ has anyone else tried it?

Currently I am using my WA 6 as a pre-amp to my Klipsch Promedia 4.1s. Ha! I've got a Sony 5-disc CDP to a CI Audio VDA-2+VAC-1 to the Woo to the Klispch. I've got to say I really like it. Does anyone else do this or something like it, using the Woo as a pre-amp?

I've tried music with and without the Woo as the pre-amp between the DAC and Klipsch sys. Without the Woo the high-end sounds more dry and harsh (because it's all SS?) but with the Woo in there, the high-end is smoother and more lush, I would say.

I wanted to bring this up because it's so enjoyable for me. If you've got a similar setup you may want to give it a shot for ****s-and-giggles. I did and I love it. Post your opinions if you like. Laugh at me for being an ass if you think this is a dumb chain.

Other than an opinion on using the Woo in this manner, has anyone tried using an upgraded Woo as a pre-amp to a system? Because I like my current setup I can't help but wonder how much better the upgrades could make it. Also, I think I'm gonna cart all my gear over to a friend's house and give it a go on his Onkyo 7.1 home-theatre-in-a-box system (and enjoy some homebrew
beerchug.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back