W60 vs W40 vs Shure se846
Aug 31, 2017 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

swesko

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, i'm listening mainly to my music through my Samsung S8 either through Spotify premium tidal or flac files. I had the HA-2 now 'im waiting for the HA-2SE to arrive. I recently bought the westone w40, i love them but want something else. What would you recommend in W60 vs Shure se846?i listen mostly house/tech house but listen to other genres as well...any advice on the best sound signature for my music. I think the W40 are good for other genres and i leaning toward the shures since theyre more bassy however it seems like they are bulkier ad less comfrtable..Any advice?

Sep 2, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 4
I have compared the w60's to the w40's and went 40's at the time because I did not want to spend 1,000 when they were released.. so i went with the 40's and the best I can say is the sound signature is the same but the 60's were way more dynamic in my ears.. a cleaner sound for sure.. I haven't heard the 846's but I hear they are more bottom driven so my suggestion with your music selection, I would lean towards the 846's and there are a couple pairs being sold in the classifieds section

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 4
I have compared the w60's to the w40's and went 40's at the time because I did not want to spend 1,000 when they were released.. so i went with the 40's and the best I can say is the sound signature is the same but the 60's were way more dynamic in my ears.. a cleaner sound for sure.. I haven't heard the 846's but I hear they are more bottom driven so my suggestion with your music selection, I would lean towards the 846's and there are a couple pairs being sold in the classifieds section

I just bought the w60 and waiting for them to be delivered then ill update this post

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 4
I compared those three (and six or more others) and bought the 846.

The Westone IEMs were nice and all, but the 846 had something to it that they lacked.

I was lucky to be able to listen to all of the together back and forth (plus IE8 and some other stuff). I appreciate that can be tough, but do try - or make sure you can return the stuff.

At the end of the day it wasn't much of a question that the 846 was the best of the bunch - for me.

I listen to everything from classical piano and symphonies to jazz to folk to EDM and everything else in between.

FWIW,
Doody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back