W5000 or MSPRO/RS1
Apr 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

braddo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. What is OVERALL better phone. Listening to rock'n'roll/powerpop,guitar pop. Closest to original recording wins. Have very decent source and headphone amp so no problem there. Thankyou all.

P.S. Would prefer to hear from people who have heard/owned both. Thanks again!

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 5
My buddy has the complete Alessandro line and a W5000, so I guess I'm qualified to answer.

Tough choice, as both are great highenders. I'd say the W5000 provides an overall better performance, as it provides a good soundscape, whereas the MS Pro has almost none. The AT is more engaging and upfront, the Alessandro has a smoother and relaxter sound.

An MS Pro with soundscape would come very close to what I'd regard as my perfect headphone. But as it has none...

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 5
Thankyou very,very,very much for that answer as i bought a W5000 last week instead of a MSPRO. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from the W5000 but bought it second hand to find out! I was almost certain the MSPRO would have been more 'up-front' which is what i was after because i also own 701's. Very surprising to hear W5000 are more up-front etc. so i am very happy i don't need to buy MSPRO to compare. After first listen to W5000 though i new there was not really any thing else i need. Yet.

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Congrats to that purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Fitting of the pads is very critical with the W5000, if the pads don't seal completely, everything sounds awfully thin. Putting some thin tissue layers under the critical pad regions cures this quite easely.

Apr 30, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #5 of 5
That would have been great to know earlier but i bent the bars instead. They now fit very snug on my small head, and i did a very neat job! Probably no resale value but i ain't selling these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back