W4R CABLE ISSUE HELP!
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Joohunta

New Head-Fier
  Hihi guys i recently bought an upgrade cable for my 4Rs from jaben singapore and after a few hours into using it, the right earpiece just died and nothing came out of it( well basically i had to wiggle it for sound to come out) , so i figured it was the cables connection problem and switched the L side of the cable to the right earpiece....but to my dismay still NO (or very little) sound.

So then by now most of you would have figured by then that it's the earpiece's problem right? Well i thought so too but the wierd thing, is that the earpieces work PERFECTLY FINE on my stock cables.

So guys im in a serious dilemma... is my new cable faulty? or does the problem lie within my W4R earpieces??

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 6

they didn't install the correct pins.........just take it back

Quote:
  Hihi guys i recently bought an upgrade cable for my 4Rs from jaben singapore and after a few hours into using it, the right earpiece just died and nothing came out of it( well basically i had to wiggle it for sound to come out) , so i figured it was the cables connection problem and switched the L side of the cable to the right earpiece....but to my dismay still NO (or very little) sound.

So then by now most of you would have figured by then that it's the earpiece's problem right? Well i thought so too but the wierd thing, is that the earpieces work PERFECTLY FINE on my stock cables.

So guys im in a serious dilemma... is my new cable faulty? or does the problem lie within my W4R earpieces??

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 6
hmmm the interconnects fit rather snugly though moreover the cables are for westone IEMS ,.... what i'm real scared of is that the W4Rs could have some problem. that would be a real bugger cuz the only service center here is a 2 hour journey from my place :frowning2:

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
hmmm the interconnects fit rather snugly though moreover the cables are for westone IEMS ,.... what i'm real scared of is that the W4Rs could have some problem. that would be a real bugger cuz the only service center here is a 2 hour journey from my place :frowning2:

if they work with the stock cable, then there's nothing wrong with them,.....there has been a problem for third party cable makers in getting the correct pins...I can assure you of that fact, as some were just using I think UE or something, pins......

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #5 of 6
I should add that CUTE a fellow head fier encountered the same problem as you on the first baldur mk2 cable. It has been rectified and told me it's great on the W4R...I think so too, as I have the same cable but my W4 were cracked...

Try to PM cute...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back