W40 for $370 or Noble Savant for $599
Oct 5, 2015 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jandr272

Head-Fier
I'm coming from a set of ES5, of which one of the monitors was lost in Europe. I remember enjoying the W4 before going the custom route. I find universals more comfortable than customs so I doubt that I will be purchasing another custom anytime soon.

I guess at this point it is about value. I kind of want to get in and get out with a set of IEM so I don't get hit with upgradeitis all over again.

The JH Angie look very tempting as well, but would require a bit more saving up.

I was very happy with the ES5, but since I'm looking for something again, wouldn't mind a little more treble extension and less mid-centric. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the vocals, piano and saxophones, but they felt just the slightest bit of colored. I don't know that I would want to go lighter on the bass than the ES5. Also, perhaps a little more space and airiness up top.

"As soon as I think I'm out, they pull me right back in."

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm a sucker for Noble Audio, just because of the customer service experiences I had with Brannan, and the great value of the IEMs I purchased. What they've done with the Savant is very interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back