W&L DAC-01?
May 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mookowz13

100+ Head-Fier
I was just perusing fleabay since I've been considering DAC/amp upgrades and came across this.  I can't seem to find much about the DAC, so if anyone with a little more electronic expertise than me can chime in about it I'd appreciate it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/W-L-DAC-01-audio-decoder-PCM1796-RCA-SPDIF-USB-SKU197_W0QQitemZ330390663429QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecd17105

May 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 4
there is zero information about this DAC on google, less a ton of Chinese sites - if you want to spend the money and tell us what you think, thatd be super :wink: 

fyi:  the presence of a toroid doesnt mean squat for judging the performance of any gear

May 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Unfortunately the lack of anythign other than random chinese sites makes me a little weary, but once I get my paycheck I may dive in.  I figure its got to be better than my current DAC, and since I haven't heard anything in the same price range (V-dac, Valab NOS dac, Keces, etc.) I should be satisfied right? RIGHT?!
blink.gif

The big thing for me is the pictures do make it look pretty dang sharp, and I'm a sucker for shiny things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back