VW commercial
Oct 19, 2006 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ampersand

100+ Head-Fier
What's with the built-in guitar amp in the new VW bugs???

Seems pretty worthless to me. Most car stock speakers aren't going to reproduce the sound better than your basic guitar amp. So why not just have an ac converter in the car to hook up your guitar amp. But then again, why are you playing guitar outside your car to begin with????

Maybe they should spend the money making better looking cars (although, i didn't mind the jetta)

And for all the car junkies, yes, i know the gti's have good performance, but COME ON, they look like an 80's civic hatchback. Seriously.

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 8
Yea that commercial had me scratching my head a bit to, I guess it's for those rush hour gridlocks you get in, and you just want to get out of your car and jam LOL...

Also on the subject of stupid ideas car makers are coming up with, what is with the Dodge Caliber, having a drink cooler in the glove compartment?!?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 8
Hey, man, that drink cooler is a very ingenious idea! It's the first car you can get a cold drink from that hasn't already been opened and left sitting in the car overnight in freezing temperatures! Americans living in warm climates would have mucho love for that idea. What with technology at the level it is today, you wonder why they don't already have a built-in mug warmer for those millions of commuters running on coffee. It's a great idea.

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

And for all the car junkies, yes, i know the gti's have good performance, but COME ON, they look like an 80's civic hatchback.

Booo!
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it's a very good-looking car, especially in black or grey...

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by djgustashaw
Booo!
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it's a very good-looking car, especially in black or grey...

I wish i still had my '86 civic hatchback, i could sell it to you. It was grey.... rust grey that is.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 8
did anyone catch the nigel tuffnel one?... hes wanking out on some monster solo, goes for a "Metal guitar hero" pose and falls off the car at the end. hillarious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back