VSonic GR06, are they worth it?
Dec 30, 2011 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ej8989

100+ Head-Fier
i've had several iems through these years. and i was kinda spoiled with senns.
cx500 (sold) > cx95 (stolen) > ie6 (broken) > mee m6 (broken) > superlux hd381f (broken) > ???

now i don't have that much budget for any top-tier upgrades yet, so i would like to know if the vsonic gr06's are worth it.
yes they're cheap, but are they worth buying?

i am specifically concerned with the sibilance, soundstage, and bass.
any owners here? thanks.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #5 of 11
VSONIC IEM's require a lot of burn in, I hated my GR07 straight out of the box, I almost sold it, but then decided to be patient and do some burn in, after about 120+ hours, now it is absolutely magnificent...

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 11
i got my gr06 few days ago and now i think i already got 70+ hrs burn-in time.
what i am hearing is quite different from what you were saying.
i absolutely hear no sibilance and/or "bright" sound sig
but instead, i hear a VERY bassy iem with mediocre amount of details and huge soundstage.
i am slightly disappointed with the details and instrument separation. maybe another 70+ hrs of burn in?

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #9 of 11
EJ, any update after further burn in?  Have you settled on a set of the stock tips or tried any alternatives?
Mainly wondering if the detail opened up any after more use or perhaps different tips.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #10 of 11
after 6 months, i "hear" a different story here. paired up with a cowon j3, this iem sounds awesome. it has the details of an alessandro ms1, but no sibilance.
details, punchy deep bass, and extended mids. treble is somewhat not sparkly but it sounds right. it's not harsh to the ears even with high volumes.
i could listen to these for days without fatigue. i use different tips for my left and right ear. when i wear them long enough, i don't feel a thing. it's just me and my music.
that's how i like my music. not harsh, but feels lively, detailed, and airy. i'm not planning on doing any upgrade this year. this sounds right to my ears.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
after 6 months, i "hear" a different story here. paired up with a cowon j3, this iem sounds awesome. it has the details of an alessandro ms1, but no sibilance.
details, punchy deep bass, and extended mids. treble is somewhat not sparkly but it sounds right. it's not harsh to the ears even with high volumes.
i could listen to these for days without fatigue. i use different tips for my left and right ear. when i wear them long enough, i don't feel a thing. it's just me and my music.
that's how i like my music. not harsh, but feels lively, detailed, and airy. i'm not planning on doing any upgrade this year. this sounds right to my ears.

good to hear since im buying one right now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back