VSonic GR02 Bass exceedingly bright + bad sibilance?
Feb 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mookid_

New Head-Fier
I got a pair of these recently and like them a lot, except that they're very forward with the highest of the treble causing some pretty noticeable sibilance on files that have never had that problem on any other headphone I've used (SR60s, PX100s and MH1c to name a few). I'm using the Treble Reducer EQ setting on my iPod which I've never had to do. Anyone else experience this or have a remedy for it?

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 5
Unfortunately the GR02 bass edition is quite harsh and sibilant in the treble region. You might want to see if they change with burn in. I did not own mine long enough to say whether they change or no. But their bigger brother, the GR07, is said to have a reduced amount of sibilance after about 200 hours or so of playing time. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 5
I own them since July 2013, but I don't find them too bright. I did the burn in with pink/brown/white noise as I've read in this forum.
How many hours have you listened? Maybe it needs more to settle?

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 5
I actually didn't do a burn in, which I usually do, because I read a review here saying they didn't sound any different after 50 hours of burn in so I just skipped it. I've probably listened for 50-70 hours so far but usually not very loudly so I'll give them the old blasting and see what that does, thanks.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #5 of 5
I got a pair of these recently and like them a lot, except that they're very forward with the highest of the treble causing some pretty noticeable sibilance on files that have never had that problem on any other headphone I've used (SR60s, PX100s and MH1c to name a few). I'm using the Treble Reducer EQ setting on my iPod which I've never had to do. Anyone else experience this or have a remedy for it?

I just got a pair and those are my observations exactly. These are really bright. Hopefully burn in or new tips will mellow them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back