VSonic GR-07 BE vs RHA MA750
Feb 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

FatalBias

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I would like to get people's recommendations on whether to get the VSonic GR-07 BE or the RHA MA750i; here in Canada I can get them both for around the same price (140 for GR-07 BE from Headphone Bar, and 130 for the MA750i from the Apple store). I have read Joker's massive review on a bunch of IEMs and specifically his comparison of the MA750 to the GR07 BE, but I would like to get other people's opinions too. I mainly listen to EDM, but I also occasionally listen to other genres. Any and all information/recommendation will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time,
FatalBias

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 14
Not sure about the RHA MA750i but I have the GR07BE and its the best investment in IEM I've ever made to date. The GR07BE is no longer in production and has been replaced with the GR07 Classic edition which does not have the bio-cellulose diaphragm of the GR07BE which means this might be your last chance to own the GR07BE.

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 14
  I have both. 
The GR07BE has more details, but the RHA smoother, more fun, easier to listen, better build quality. 
I prefer it over the Vsonic.

RHA has better SQ than GR07BE?

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 14
  Not sure about the RHA MA750i but I have the GR07BE and its the best investment in IEM I've ever made to date. The GR07BE is no longer in production and has been replaced with the GR07 Classic edition which does not have the bio-cellulose diaphragm of the GR07BE which means this might be your last chance to own the GR07BE.

According to Vsonic CEO the classic still have the bio-cellulose diaphragm, though the sound signature is more like the mkII.
This is quoted from LMYE facebook page.

Quote:
2) There has been rumours on head-fi forum that the GR07 classic no longer uses the same kind of drivers as the previous generations of GR07. We would like clarify that this is WRONG. The GR07 classic continues to use the same kind of bio cellulose driver as the previous iterations. 

The Vsonic CEO had clarified that on his weibo (China's version of twitter) 

You can see the actual post here: http://www.weibo.com/p/1005051758406167/weibo?profile_ftype=1&is_ori=1#1395572749936

The actual content states: 最近国外论坛议论纷纷说GR07 CLASSIC的单元并非是旧款GR07的单元。在此澄清,GR07 CLASSIC的单元确实是使用旧款GR07的单元。请大家放心

Which roughly translates to: Recently, there had been rumours in overseas forums which suggests that the GR07 Classic do not use the same bio cellulose drivers as the older generations of GR07. I would like to clarify that the GR07 Classic uses the old GR07 bio cellulose drivers. Please be reassured. 

So yes guys, the rumour has been dispelled so do grab one now! 

Mar 25, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #6 of 14
Thanks for that info, I'll put it up on the GR07 appreciation thread.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 14
Thank you all very much for your replies and information! I still have not decided on which one to get. The MKII BE has been sold on headphone bar. Now they have instead the classic edition for which the reviews don't seem to have been as favourable as they were for its predecessors.

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #9 of 14
  RHA has better SQ than GR07BE?

No. The GR07BE has more detail for sure (better technically), but i feel more sharp, not as smooth, warm and fun, so I prefer the the RHA. I prefer listening the V-shaped MA750.  The build quality for the money is also awesome, more premium than the GR07BE and I didnt mention the 3 years locally provided guaranteee.
Even if I am not completely satisfied with the RHA, I think I am selling the Vsonic now.

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #10 of 14
I've just stumbled upon this thread as my beloved GR07 BE's failed me miserably. After measly 6 months, the cable gave in (about 5 inches above the jack) and rendered them useless. I'm very nice to my toys and value their service immensely so this happened without any abuse or excessive use. 

As I'm currently traveling, I had to make a quick decision on what to replace them with temporarily and pulled the trigger on the MA750i. I'm a big believer in burn-in and only have about 15 hours in so far but my initial impressions are anything but positive. I won't prematurely criticize them but the amount of treble these guys give out is making them sound like $5 skullcandies.

I will say this though, and pretty much add to the general pool of quality praise, the build of the MA750 is incredible. Compared to GR07s, these are built like a tank. The cable is about 2" too long for my taste, however, and often catches on my clothes while walking, which doesn't help microphonics either. Also, even the largest tips didn't comfortably sit in my ears (well, just my right ear) so I'm using the foam ones, which tend to react negatively to cold weather making isolation subpar. Indoors, they fit really well. 

I'll comment more on the audio once they have at least 72 hours on them but if it weren't for the abysmal build quality of the GR07's, they would be the IEMs for me. The soundstage, detail, highs, the bass extension, the clarity and tonality are just superb, compared to the RHAs. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #13 of 14
How veiled? Is it more veiled than the mee m6 sport? That is what I currently own and I am looking for a replacement - my first entry level earphone. The m6 sounds very veiled to me. I want something with much more clarity than that, preferably something with good clarity for the $100 price bracket.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #14 of 14

i'm not familiar with the M6 (except one from BMW) but the MA750 stands up on its own just fine, it's a great IEM. it's only when you hear it side-by-side with the GR07 that you can hear a difference. MA750 is not necessarily veiled in comparison as much as it is a bit more muddy than the GR07, less bright. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back