VPT on Sony Walkman
Feb 5, 2010 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ok1907

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. I had tried vpt settings when I bought s639 but I had found them very unnatural sounding and they certainly are. But their 3d feeling is just great for me and I don't really care if music sounds natural as long as I am enjoying it. The problem is there is a considerable amount of hiss when vpt is on. Is there any way to get rid of it? Hiss is really annoying and music would be great without it. By the way, there is the same hiss when eq is on but it is not that perceivable. It gets annoying with vpt. Thanks in advance.

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't know what "vpt" stands for, but on the Sonys I've had, including the 639 now, I've found that I like it best with all the settings off except the EQ. I have the "clear bass" up a notch or two, and found on the 639 that I needed to lower the .4 kHz a notch or two and bump up the midrange one notch to get a sound that I liked. I don't hear any hiss with Soundmagic PL-50s.

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah I am doing exactly the same thing with the eq and it is great that way but not a 5.1 feeling though
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back