VOX: Mac OSX Music Player
Jun 29, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #76 of 101
I can't think of a single reason for me to sort by album.

Jun 29, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #79 of 101
How? Albums are meant to be heard as a whole...

Of course. We clearly have different definitions of "sort by album" then as I would assume a complete album to be in its own folder.

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #81 of 101
  Heh that's what I'm doing right now, but I would still like the option to do so. I feel lazy to sort them into folders at times.

The iTunes folder structure is a good starting point. Vox will import the iTunes library and sorting will be Artist then Albums.

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #82 of 101
  Glad you like the VOX. I wish they added more advance library management feature though. Like sort by album options. I hate using iTunes.

The iTunes folder structure is a good starting point. Vox will import the iTunes library and sorting will be Artist then Albums.

Actually Sort by Album is already supported in Vox. You can select it from  View Menu -> Library View -> Album

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #84 of 101
I am on the verge on stop using Vox due to lack of album sorting from the playlist. I don't use Loop or iTunes, so unless I manually sort all albums, it's going to annoy me forever. But with over 100 albums, it's getting harder and harder to manage. It's a shame.

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #85 of 101
I'm a new user of  Vox and like it a lot so far. Question- does it do cached playback automatically? I don't see settings for that. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #86 of 101
  I am on the verge on stop using Vox due to lack of album sorting from the playlist. I don't use Loop or iTunes, so unless I manually sort all albums, it's going to annoy me forever. But with over 100 albums, it's getting harder and harder to manage. It's a shame.

Yeah, kinda a pain. You can't even sort the iTunes playlists that it imports. Hope they fix this with an updated version. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #87 of 101

Been using this app. since the very first version and continue to enjoy it (sometimes) for it`s cross feed settings.
But, after more micro-updates than any other payer I`ve used it STILL can`t handle a huge amount of .cue files with my old lossless files.
Very annoying and no problem with even my older version Audirvana Plus.

If you`re going to be flaunting your support for FLAC and APE files IMO why ignore the importance .cue file?
It`s an important and fundamental feature IMO.

Most of the other "developments" of this app. have been mostly meaningless (EDIT:  to me) yet this remains a problem.

I realize it`s free but if it worked properly in this respect I`d gladly have paid into this project.

mad.gif

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #88 of 101
Has anyone tried the Loop feature? at $49 a year it appears to be reasonably priced for unlimited cloud storage/download and sync on up to 5 devices. 

I am in the middle of a Tidal trial and am wondering about the performance of Loop. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back