Vote for your favorite Dream Theater album!
Mar 6, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #47 of 58
what about the Twelve Step Suite?
Twelve-StepSuiteAlt.jpg

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #48 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think i'm becoming addicted to Systematic Chaos. I am honestly kind of surprised that so many DT fans hate the subject matter, I actually find In The Presence Of Enemies to be freaking epic; set aside the religious stuff for a moment (and don't discuss it either - ha) and you have a song about the fall and faltering of a person in despair, and their triumph against temptation and "evil within". I think it's pretty cool.

In The Presence Of Enemies is about the only thing i really ENJOYED off SC, the themes and overall storyline present are quite interesting

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

...didn't know they published that as an actual album?

no, just found a fan made cover and liked it.

I do consider it a sep album tho, cuz im nuts like that

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel9685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, just found a fan made cover and liked it.

I do consider it a sep album tho, cuz im nuts like that

Woah... who's it by? I find that many of the DT covers I don't like (Floyd, etc) because I mean come on, you can't top Floyd. That's like trying to cover Tool. Insanity. So does the group(s?) do a good job covering it?

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Woah... who's it by? I find that many of the DT covers I don't like (Floyd, etc) because I mean come on, you can't top Floyd. That's like trying to cover Tool. Insanity. So does the group(s?) do a good job covering it?

Oh nonono, not cover as in much, cover as in album artwork,

sorry for the confusion!

speaking of covers, the second disc of BCSL is pretty good IMHO, with Take Your Fingers From MY Hair being the strongest track

Mar 6, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #54 of 58
Octavarium for me. It has so many good songs leading up to the awesome Sacrificed Sons, and then the mindblowingly epic title track. Second would be a tough pick. How bout "all the rest of them"
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #55 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second would be a tough pick. How bout "all the rest of them"
tongue.gif

lol, Nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel9685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
speaking of covers, the second disc of BCSL is pretty good IMHO, with Take Your Fingers From MY Hair being the strongest track

Hmmm.. only heard that once, I need to listen to it again. I really like(d) Stargazer, but that's probably because i'm just a totally sucker for Rainbow <3 And Deep Purple. And Grand Funk Railroad. mMmmmmMmmmm

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #56 of 58
Falling Into Infinity.

It may not have their best songs but it also does haven't the self-indulgent tripe that bogs down every other album.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #58 of 58
The cover of Taake's Nattestid Ser Porten Vid album. Excellent, stripped down Black Metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back