Vote for this Photo to Help a Charity
Jul 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Menisk

100+ Head-Fier
Canon is running a competition called "Creative for a Cause", contestants enter a related photo and the cause they would like the prize money donated to. All the causes are worthy but I'd like to promote one that is near and dear to me.

My brother (now about 5 months old) was diagnosed with Pyloric Stenosis, a condition where the pyloris muscle that regulates the opening and closing of the bottom of your stomach was too thick and sealed the bottom of his stomach shut. The picture in the link was taken about an hour before he went into surgery and shows the full extent of how badly he had been affected and how much weight he'd lost. There are so many other children in the Intensive Care ward he was in that are also fighting for a chance at life with the help of amazing staff. The Neonatal Intensive Care Foundation helps fund Neonatal Intensive Care teams like the one that saved his life.

So if you have a little time could you please vote on this photo to give them a chance at $60k donation. Thanks.

Canon - Creative for a Cause, Photo Gallery

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 17
Voted. It's a nice cause, though there's tough competition. Good luck, I hope your brother gets well soon
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voted. It's a nice cause, though there's tough competition. Good luck, I hope your brother gets well soon
biggrin.gif

He's all better now. That photo is from a few months back. He recovered fairly quickly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 17
Happy to have voted just now. I am so glad he's better, but your photo depicts the plight of so many very young and fragile lives that hang in the balance.

Jul 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 17
Voted
Thanks for asking.

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's all better now. That photo is from a few months back. He recovered fairly quickly.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad to know he's recovered
biggrin.gif
Hopefully you can bring him into the hobby soon hahaha

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 17
voted ~ a very poignant photo & reminder of all life's blessings.

Jul 3, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 17
Thanks for all the votes so far guys and just to clarify, it's not my photo. It was taken by my dad.

Torpedo, I put my Senns on him a few weeks back. They were far too big but he went quiet and had a amazed look on his face, so there's hope for him yet. xD

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #11 of 17
Voted! I really do hope you win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back