Vote for favorite Beatles Album...
Aug 12, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #31 of 39
I "borrowed" a copy of Abbey Road from my dad when I was about 5. I had a GE/Disney "Pluto" phonograph - blue plastic, sapphire needle, one speaker - you know the type. It has a big plastic bone for a tonearm! I wish I still had it - anyway.

My five year-old mind was taken on a ride, and I became a fan of The Beatles. My all-time favorite group of writers and performers - I would argue that without them, modern pop music marketing would not be the same. Brilliant at promotion, publicity, marketing - the stuff about the music industry that frustrates me sometimes.

Abbey Road was always my favorite until my mom bought me The White Album/The Beatles when I was in my first year or so of college - circa 1988. While I love Abbey Road for the pristine pop music and lovely recording, I love The White Album for being unrestrained.

For me, it goes:
White Album>Abbey Road>Sgt. Pepper=Revolver>Rubber Soul>the rest is about equal for me below

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #36 of 39
Difficult choice.
I really like all the Beatle's albums. Since I had the White Album on 8 track (okay, I had a lot of Beatle's albums on 8 track), I vote for it. 2nd place goes to Rubber Soul.

Sep 21, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally had to go with the white album, but abbey road is close

x2

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #38 of 39
This was a hard one. I gave it to the white album though. Followed by Abbey Road and then Revolver

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #39 of 39
The Bass line from "Come together" is one of the best I can find...

1 vote more for "Abbey Road!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back