Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Jul 3, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #481 of 873
Thats strange, while i thought the rc was decent it never felt like it was on the same level to me

you mean the Rx? well sound wise to me I'm preferring the Rx over my PII, better synergy along with my other pieces in my portable rig, iPod>CLAS-R>Rx>ASG-2s>ZOv1, to me it has a better SS more open reveiling with more detail,

sorry not good at the tech speak, but great at fanboyism though, lol,

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #482 of 873
Strange, because the Pure II is superior in soundstage, separation and clarity to the Rx when I heard it out of the DX90. The Rx was warmer to my ears...

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #483 of 873
you mean the Rx? well sound wise to me I'm preferring the Rx over my PII, better synergy along with my other pieces in my portable rig, iPod>CLAS-R>Rx>ASG-2s>ZOv1, to me it has a better SS more open reveiling with more detail,

sorry not good at the tech speak, but great at fanboyism though, lol,

Are you the kind of guy who is susceptible to wild excitement upon receiving a new toy? :wink:

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #484 of 873
Are you the kind of guy who is susceptible to wild excitement upon receiving a new toy?
wink.gif

if that's = to fanboyisms, then guilty as charged on occasion, but not without good cause or reason, my adventures into audio-fi ='s audio therapy! which translates into an education of this compares to that, hhmmm!

and so my audio travels are a process of learning, more subjectively then objectively, having not learned the technical speak/aspect of sound curves, hrzs, and whatnot? knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss, when it comes to audio therapy I dumbly/luckily chose bliss over power? albeit mostly limited to a portable rig setup,

so in a/b ing the Rx and the PII just now, I am very very sorry to say that the Rx pulls ahead in many ways over the PII? one big difference is it seems to handle the treble much better then the PII, in that it connects it to the mids more and doesn't cut it off/short in what seem to be in fear of becoming sibilant, the Rx's treble extends the ALOT further then the PII, and so gives it a way more open/less congested/less fatiguing element over the PII, and without ever coming close to being sibilant, which I am uber sensative to, and so the Rx's soundstage winds up being bigger by a margin or two or thre or four? and because of the better treble extension it sounds more cleaner then the PII, brings out more detail, provides better instrument seperation, better bass, the PIIs mids seem to be a hangup for it, not sure how to put it,

a minus for the Rx is it is strictly an IEM amp, not alot of volume travel/gain there, Ken had to increase the VT on the Rx for me, I was going to have to return it otherwise, I guess my portable rig doesn't have enough output for the Rx to do a suitable job with volume/gain, I usually had it turned all the way up, and then still needed some more output, but now it's ALOT better, although I think I might send it back to Ken again for a little more of a bump with the VT, but boy oh boy, this little puppy gives me a good feeling/thrill just by listening to it,

but anyways like I said one way to put it is the Rx has better synergy with the other pieces of my gear, and everyone hears differently, but as it goes my gear is iPod>CLAS-R>Rx>ZOv1(when I need an extra kick)>ASG-2s

I was amazed at how the PII brought ALOT of balance to the sound signiture of my ASG-2s when I first got it, a little forward in the mids, but tonally it brought the bass, mids, and treble into a nice equalibrium, a W sound? a shape of what I always thought would be the best sound ever for my tastes!

because ever since I heard of sound being described as V, or U shaped, that is when I started to wondered about a W sound? the PII really brought the possibilty of a W sound to life for me in a VERY BIG WAY! where the bass, mids, and treble all shared the sound signiture/stage more equally, and then was also able to make them larger then life! the PII was the first amp that made me really believe that the W sound was possible, that it existed, myth coming to life? it was the unobtanium/ultimate componant in what I was seeking for in my search for better audio therapy, and music is seriously therapy for me, helps me cope, keeps me calmer, I guess I took the term drop out and tune in literaly,

and so my PII education translates into yet another leg of my this compares to that audio adventure, hhmmm! and the Rx takes me that much closer in my elusive search of the W ss,

thanks Vorzugue and KB!

Happy Listening everyone!

Jul 5, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #485 of 873
if that's = to fanboyisms, then guilty as charged on occasion

That is not close to what Tony asked at all, albeit with a wink smiley. Fanboyism = blind praising a brand due to loyalty regardless of the individual merits of whatever it is. It could be a band, sports team or a manufacturer as it were.

Anyway, you do not say which gen but it may be your iPod line out voltage is on the lower side, rather than the amp gain per se. But then it always amazes me at meets how loud some listen at.

Jul 5, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #486 of 873
Lol. I just remember him getting very excited when he first got his Pure II. In all fairness he gave an analysis of how they both sound - at least as he perceives it. I don't know what a W shaped signature sounds like and I'm sceptical that this new amp would trounce the Vorzüge in quite the way we're being led to believe, but I've not heard the Rx and his impressions are welcome.

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #487 of 873
That is not close to what Tony asked at all, albeit with a wink smiley. Fanboyism = blind praising a brand due to loyalty regardless of the individual merits of whatever it is. It could be a band, sports team or a manufacturer as it were.

Anyway, you do not say which gen but it may be your iPod line out voltage is on the lower side, rather than the amp gain per se. But then it always amazes me at meets how loud some listen at.

um I'd say no to what Tony asked, I've picked up alot of amps, and only a few have given me a susceptible to wild excitement response, so I guess by definition it isn't fanboyism that I am suffering from?

but it's an iPod Classic 7th gen that I use as a source, Ken said it's mainly low output from that, but I do feed a CLAS-R out of the iPod? so I would think that that superceeds what the iPod voltage is?

and yes I am a very very loud one I suppose?

Are you the kind of guy who is susceptible to wild excitement upon receiving a new toy?
wink.gif

no,
wink.gif

Lol. I just remember him getting very excited when he first got his Pure II. In all fairness he gave an analysis of how they both sound - at least as he perceives it. I don't know what a W shaped signature sounds like and I'm sceptical that this new amp would trounce the Vorzüge in quite the way we're being led to believe, but I've not heard the Rx and his impressions are welcome.

yep that'd be me! I was excited, and that was and still is very very true! about the PII? ceptin now? well, um? ggrrr ugh
confused.gif
, I guess that excitment got transfered over to the Rx?

and oh yes it is as how I'm percieving it, because they are both wonderful amps! and have great qualities in and of there own right, the PII is a powerhouse of an amp for certain, the Rx is a dainty polite wittle thing, so they are in different leagues/catagories, I went from the PII, to the Continental V3, to the Rx, and I loved each one, I guess I am super lucky to have a nice variety at my disposal,

I never established an audio base line, or learned enough of anything much with my time here at Head-Fi, I don't really utilize my gear near enough with a/b ing them, only a little and of recent, and so it winds up being what I am liking at the moment at the moment I am hearing it to a certain degree? 49 going on ?, oohhh sparkly shiny, lol,

I probably need to listen to a broader range of like amps and then I would get more of a better picture or placement of exactly what I was hearing and listening to, the Cayin 5, or the Apex might be better comparisons against the Rx, that would keep me from making wild comparisons like I have done,

and the W sound exists I tell you, I heard it once in a dark alley in the middle of a storm with the wind howling! it was faint and ellusive, but I heard it I tell you I heard it!
very_evil_smiley.gif

it's there somewhere in the back of my ear, I just need to dig it out? ouch it's gonna hurt a little, lol,

Happy Happy!

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #488 of 873
This stack sounds awesome =)

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #489 of 873
Jul 7, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #490 of 873
I'm interested in that tiny interconnect too. Lol

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #492 of 873
Its the JDS Lab mini interconnect.  Quite pricey for what it is, but at this point, 10$ extra is whatever haha.

You guys can find more pics searching for JDS interconnect on the forums.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #493 of 873
  I prefer the Dx50 over the DX90 because I feel the DX50 Bass goes deeper while the DX90 things goes wider but less deep.

They both go as deep. There's probably something else that's triggering you, or even improperly matched volumes. DX90 is about as perfect as they get.

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #495 of 873
Both drive perfectly flat signals. You're not getting more, or less bass, from one, vs. the other. You could be getting a bit less stereo detail, or more or less distortion in a certain frequency, depending on your source, but in terms of actual frequency drive, both are pretty much flat no matter what you plug into them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back