Volumio Primo/Rivo/Integro
May 1, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #31 of 46
Btw, I would like to ask how you guy connect Rivo via Bluetooth. While my unit was still working, I never able to find the unit via Bluetooth on my PC or cellphone.

May 1, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #33 of 46
I definitely had that on in the app, but couldn't still find the unit on other devices. Maybe there was something wrong with my unit from the beginning.

May 2, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #35 of 46
Volumio is rock stable at my place. Very happy with Rivo! I recommend! But if your hw is broken, then of course there are unstabilities. Looks like you must get a new unit?

May 2, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #36 of 46
Been searching for a streamer the past 2-3 months, my final list is Eversolo A6 ME and Holo audio red. But only recently saw couple of videos which compares the Eversolo A6 vs Volumio Rivo and most of them says the Rivo sounded better especially when paired with a good LPS.
Since I’m using a nice Lampizator DAC, I think the Rivo is more suitable for my setup.
Was wondering if anyone here had compare Rivo against Holo red?

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #37 of 46
The Red is good I think, not heard it my self. But a couple of facts on the side: The Rivo cpu is many times faster than the one in Red. With Volumio you can have plugins like room corrections, internet radio, youtube etc. Red not so flexible. Rivo with good LPS is very good with streaming bringing details and black background in the music. Happy hunting! :)

May 2, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #38 of 46
I used to have a Holo Red running w/early version of RedOS. Actually, you can install other OSs, Volumio as well, on it.

My experience, Rivo plus LPS sound more open especially in high as compared with Red in my system. But be reminded that the cost of Rivo plus a LPS can be a double of a Holo Red. 😁

May 2, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #40 of 46
I used to have a Holo Red running w/early version of RedOS. Actually, you can install other OSs, Volumio as well, on it.

My experience, Rivo plus LPS sound more open especially in high as compared with Red in my system. But be reminded that the cost of Rivo plus a LPS can be a double of a Holo Red. 😁
That's a good point on the price. If I get a $500 LPS with Rivo, it's almost the price of a 2nd hand Auralic Aries G1.1
I really like the Rivo because of the small form factor. But then I would be wondering how much better is the Aries G1.1

If you use HQPlayer, Red is better.
I see a lot of the Red owners raving about the HQPlayer on the Red Thread, is it a more superior App then the Volumio App? Sorry for my stupid question as I've never own a streamer/network player before

May 2, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #41 of 46
I see a lot of the Red owners raving about the HQPlayer on the Red Thread, is it a more superior App then the Volumio App? Sorry for my stupid question as I've never own a streamer/network player before
In theory, you will need a very powerful PC and compatible DAC which are able to implement DSD512 and above to fully release the potential of HQPlayer. You will also need to spend a lot of time to tweak the filter settings. I am a lazy person who prefers plug in and play :)

May 2, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #42 of 46
That's a good point on the price. If I get a $500 LPS with Rivo, it's almost the price of a 2nd hand Auralic Aries G1.1
I really like the Rivo because of the small form factor. But then I would be wondering how much better is the Aries G1.1

IMG_1750.jpeg

New S1 is coming

May 2, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #43 of 46
IMG_1750.jpeg
New S1 is coming
An entry level that is directly competing against Eversolo A8 at price. I would pick Auralic for sure.
Rivo still wins at the form factor for me, but I must confess I really like the Auralic brand.

In theory, you will need a very powerful PC and compatible DAC which are able to implement DSD512 and above to fully release the potential of HQPlayer. You will also need to spend a lot of time to tweak the filter settings. I am a lazy person who prefers plug in and play :)
My PC doesn't sound good compared with my cayin N8 or Shanling ec mini player, maybe bcoz it is an outdated pc (2018).
And I will have to wait till I get the funds for the Engine 11 upgrade on the old Lampi Big7 to have the DSD512

May 2, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #44 of 46
My PC doesn't sound good compared with my cayin N8 or Shanling ec mini player, maybe bcoz it is an outdated pc (2018).
And I will have to wait till I get the funds for the Engine 11 upgrade on the old Lampi Big7 to have the DSD512
Actually the PC doesn't make sound directly in HQPlayer chain. It's just a processor that is connected both end by ethernet. It doesn't need to "sound good", but it needs a very powerful CPU and GPU, like Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 and Intel Core i9-13900K to go beyond DSD512 on the "best" filters.

It's not for everyone, but if you have time and money, it is certainly a fun toy to play with.

May 2, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #45 of 46
Actually the PC doesn't make sound directly in HQPlayer chain. It's just a processor that is connected both end by ethernet. It doesn't need to "sound good", but it needs a very powerful CPU and GPU, like Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 and Intel Core i9-13900K to go beyond DSD512 on the "best" filters.

It's not for everyone, but if you have time and money, it is certainly a fun toy to play with.
That's right it's just outputting digital signal, however on my case I guess the old CPU, PSU, MB and other parts are affecting the signal path so the digital signal is not as clean as a standalone players like N8/EC Mini.
This hobby has financially prevented me from upgrading my pc lol
Hope a 2nd hand Rivo pops up in my area soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back