Volume levels on playback devices
May 8, 2007 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hardstyler

500+ Head-Fier
I just got Xenos X1HA-EPC and I connected it to soundcard line out. Battery is still charging but before I turn it on I want to know what volume level my playback device such as soundcard or mp3 player should be. People on this forum claim it should be at 100% but in the Xenos manual it says 50%.

I quote: "Before powering up the X1HA-EPC, set the volume on your playback device to about 50% and start playing a music track."

So I am a bit confused now. Will 100% volume perhaps distort the sound? Can I crank it up to 100%?

May 8, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 4
For amping headphone outputs I've found that around 75% of full volume works best but 50% should work too. I think at 100% you might be asking too much, it might not be optimal.

May 8, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For amping headphone outputs I've found that around 75% of full volume works best but 50% should work too. I think at 100% you might be asking too much, it might not be optimal.

EFN said the best volume is the volume that the DAC puts out. but how can you find that?

May 8, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I'll set it to 75% on my mp3 player. What about line out on Audigy 2 ZS though, can I set volume in Windows to 100%?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back