Volume imbalance in IE8 - any solutions?
Oct 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Winston Smith

New Head-Fier
I noticed today that the left channel of my IE8's has suddenly become very quiet and muffled compared to the right. Unfortunately I do have very waxy ears, and I think that the culprit might be a clot of wax that has become lodged in the speaker mesh. As there doesn't appear to be a way of removing the mesh to access the blockage I'm at a loss as to what to do. Are my IE8's a write-off or is there any (reasonably inexpensive) solution to this predicament? Right now the left channel is more or less inaudible.

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 11
if ur running out of ideas you can try getting the wax out (or poke it in) with a needle atleast it might fix it... otherwise you'll have to take it a part, the screw is behind the cover in the 'inside' (other side from the bass knob)

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 11
send it to sennheiser if you are still under warranty,there is no other solution.

Oct 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 11
This problem seems to be getting quite ubiquitous. I just had the same problem. I sent them back to Sennheiser and they sent a new pair of IE8 back to me.

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 11
Let me add my voice to the chorus. My IE8's suffered the same fate--left earpiece, even. I sent the unit back to Sennheiser and without hesitation they sent me a brand new unit, complete in a sealed box. I was happy with their customer service but to this day I am a little leery of the IE8's because I wonder whether the same thing will happen again. I for one would like an explanation of what is going on with this product.

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This problem seems to be getting quite ubiquitous. I just had the same problem. I sent them back to Sennheiser and they sent a new pair of IE8 back to me.

If i bought it from JR so i have to send my ie8 to JR or sennheiser. And what is their address.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 11
The same thing happened to me about a month ago. Strangely it only happened after I switched the BassWind system from Maximum to Minimum. Not sure if that affected the headphones at all but that was all I did in the twelve hours between that and the problem occuring.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 11
I've also had this problem, I found that it would actually come back normal after a little while of using them, but then the otherside started doing it too. I've actually requested a refund, I have no faith in them anymore.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skampster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about cleaning your ears while your at it.

One hell of hassle, even though he's at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back