Volume even lower when using portable amp with smartphone...
Oct 10, 2018 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bogginhead

Banned - AKA Lee McDonald
Unreturned Tour Gear, Sells Borrowed Gear, Incomplete Trades
I've been trying to use a Topping NX5 with my IEMS and smartphone (Galaxy S9+). For some reason, whenever I do use it the volume output is even lower than without it. The IEMs I'm using are the Tin T2 and the Revonext QT2s. Anyone know what the deal might be? Both of those earphones are pretty low impedance.

Oct 10, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 6
Oh yeah, everything is all the way up and connected right. I just don't understand how it could actually make it the volume lower...

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 6
Having the exact same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Meridian Explorer2. I attached the Explorer2 to the phone using the USB adapter that came with the phone. It sounds great but the volume is ridiculously low with iems or my Sennheiser Momentum 2.0's.

I used to do the same thing with my iPhone with no issues. Only difference is I had to use the lightning camera adapter so that I could power the Explorer separately. The Note 9 powers the Explorer directly with no issues, but maybe that's the issue? Maybe the phone can only power the Explorer's DAC but not the amp?

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 6
I really don't know man, and I'm really at a loss with this. Could it be the OTG I'm using? There's probably a good reason for this to be happening, but to me it makes no sense, for real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back