Volume Control on Beresford 7510
Dec 19, 2007 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wareagle69

100+ Head-Fier
I need some advice on the setup of my new Beresford 7510 DAC/amp. The issue is that the volume control on the Beresford amp has to be cranked up to about 2 o’clock to get reasonable volume through the headphones.

The connection is from the PC’s motherboard audio output using a toslink optical cable to the Beresford. Right now I have been listening for a couple of hours with the AKG 701. It sounds pretty good, but as I said the volume control is really way above where I would normally have it on a headphone amp.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this normal? Thanks for any help.

Dec 19, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply Pangaea. I thought something must be wrong, but now I have gone through all the settings of the Intel Audio Studio that came with the motherboard, as well as everything I can find in Windows that would relate to sound, and have not found anything that would suggest any other settings to change. I would welcome any other ideas from anyone. Thanks.

Dec 19, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 5
It's helpful to know that you're using K701 headphones; they require more power than most others. It would help to know which media player you are using. Any number of factors could reduce the output volume.

If you have access to other headphone amps try the Beresford's line out and compare that to the volume from the Beresford's headphone amp. The idea is to determine whether the low volume is from the transport, the source, or the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back