Volkswagen "Fast" Commercial
Feb 12, 2006 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

damayor521

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if you guys have seen this commerical ... but it's a new series of commercials where these guys are driving a VW GTI and they have this black toy figure called "Fast". I was wondering if I can get more information about getting one of these figures. My car needs a new mascot!!

Feb 12, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 16
my wife saw that commercial and said "what is that toy thing? i don't get it!"

sounds like a cool mascot to me!

Feb 12, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by damayor521
I don't know if you guys have seen this commerical ... but it's a new series of commercials where these guys are driving a VW GTI and they have this black toy figure called "Fast". I was wondering if I can get more information about getting one of these figures. My car needs a new mascot!!

Yeah, I've seen two of 'em -- one where he is driving with all the windows open and his girlfriend wnats him to close them, but his "fast" won't allow it. and another when he is pulled over by a cop for speeding.

They are both clever adds. I don't have any info the figures, though, sorry...

Feb 12, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Dude did you SEE that toy? I must have one!

That was pretty cool. I think it's a rebadged Rega P5.5. I wonder what kind of cart and phono stage it has.

Feb 12, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
Yeah, I've seen two of 'em -- one where he is driving with all the windows open and his girlfriend wnats him to close them, but his "fast" won't allow it. and another when he is pulled over by a cop for speeding.

They are both clever adds. I don't have any info the figures, though, sorry...

There's a third one ... different dude.
- The guy calls up an Indian restaurant and orders some food. The guy taking the order asks, "Pickup or delivery?" The rain is pouring like crazy outside. "Pickup or delivery?" The guy looks at his "fast" and he decides to do pickup. The "fast" then says something like "Delivery is for panzies ..."

Feb 12, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

I checked the commercials on Volkswagen's website but this one wasn't there. What WAS there was a commercial called "Stereo", which was hilarious. Go watch it, now.

http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html

Haha, it's like that commercial was made just for Head-Fi!

Quote:

OK and this is just freakin awesome! http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR70235

That's awesome!

Feb 19, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #13 of 16
whoah, that thing's kinda cool and all, but not 200 bones worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back