Voices in my head
Mar 14, 2008 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

underclocker

Head-Fier
I was shuffling my music and suddenly Jack Johnson is singing INSIDE MY HEAD. If you got his latest, it was the track "All At Once". At first it starts out with guitar in one ear and it makes you think that you've busted one earbud. Then he is suddenly singing "All at once..." directly between your ears.

Now is this why people like crossfeed units? Would a Zune headphone out have enough juice to run a crossfeed and a set of Super.fi 3 or 5s? Should I make a cmoy to drive the crossfeed and the headphones?

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 7
Yeah, but some recordings are just annoying the hell out of me, with guitars or sometimes even voices panned completely to one side. It's a pain, and I'd sacrifice sound stage for it.

Mono, that's another thing altogether...

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. It was jarring and almost disturbing to have a (new) voice inside my head. I understand it is a bit harder with IEMs to get it out since there isn't the interaction with the rest of the external parts of the ear. So do people do that with crossfeeds or do other IEMs seem to handle this differently?

Actually, I am not listening with the UEs mentioned. Today I have Cresyn LMX630 at work.

Mar 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 7
That's what crossfeed is for. I use it occasionally for just such occasions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by underclocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was shuffling my music and suddenly Jack Johnson is singing INSIDE MY HEAD. If you got his latest, it was the track "All At Once". At first it starts out with guitar in one ear and it makes you think that you've busted one earbud. Then he is suddenly singing "All at once..." directly between your ears.

Now is this why people like crossfeed units? Would a Zune headphone out have enough juice to run a crossfeed and a set of Super.fi 3 or 5s? Should I make a cmoy to drive the crossfeed and the headphones?

Mar 14, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Crossfeed + UE11s = yuuummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back