Voice Control on iPhone Can't be Turned Off When Playing Music
Aug 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mbritt

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone else had the problem of listening to music on an iPhone while walking in a noisy environment and having Voice Control keep coming on and interrupting the music?  It's very annoying and so far I can't find an easy solution other than jailbreaking my phone and editing the plist.  I live in Downtown LA and when I use a headphone or earbuds that have a built in microphone I end up having to take them out and turn off the music because of Voice Control coming on every time a bus goes by or a crazy person shouts in my vicinity (happens all the time - lucky me).  

At first it was Siri constantly coming on so I disabled her.  Then Voice Control took over the job of annoying me on my daily dog walks.  You can go into general preferences/passcode lock and turn off Voice Control but underneath the setting it says:  "Music Voice Control is always enabled".  What!  I bought my Phiaton PS 210i so that I could have a good sounding ear phones that would also let me take phone calls.  If I can't find a solution I guess I'll have to get the regular PS 210 or another good pair without the microphone built in.  This is really a stupid problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back