Vmoda M100 vs. PSB M4u2. Anyone else tried both at same time?
Dec 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stickersteve

New Head-Fier
I have both of these right now and cant make a decision so I was curious to see what others thought. I find both of them fantastic with the PSB having a much cleaner sound, beautiful highs and mids, but lacking in bass. The active built amp feature is a big plus when using on my iphone. Besides lacking in bass, I find them a bit uncomfortable. They are heavier than the M100's. I will give it some more time but I am not sure how long I can wear them in a sitting.  The M100's are lacking in the higher range and not as clean but have more bass and a more muted sound. They are much more comfortable on my head though. I am kind of new to higher end headphones. Do most of you prefer comfort over sound or visa versa?

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I've have both of these headphones and I know what you mean and it is a hard choice. I'm no expert as I had them only for a few days but the PSB do have a much clearer sound but lack bass in my music needs which is EDM. As for the V Moda I found them to be perfect and I bought a little amp I believe Hipo bought it in Jaben audio and it surely gives a more harder kick to the M100s. The amp was $40 and once I changed the normal ear pads to the XL pads I simply fell in love with my V Moda but when listening for high detailed sound and making new mixes on Fl studio I use the PSB with the amp but V Moda surely get me moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back