vmoda lp with fiio
Oct 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
if i use an amplifier with a v moda lp will it make it better and less bass,and if so wich amplifier to buy?

Heya,

No.

The LP is efficient. It doesn't need an amp. It won't sound any better. Just louder for less volume input.

All "DJ" headphones have higher bass than neutral. The only way to reduce bass on that headphone is to equalize it.

Very best,

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 7
has the same question.
I'm not very satisfied with my crossfade LP, actually i use my ATH-M50 much more often than the LP.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 7
The LP's are bassy as hell, but you can influence the sound by adding damping to the vents. On my friend's pair, I cut a bit of acoustic foam and sandwiched it between the shield and cup(huge difference). Playing with the density will yield somewhat different results, but going straight for tape and plugging up the vents will give you a very squished in stage. Give it a shot, it doesnt hurt
smile.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
thank you, and do you know if the m80s are comfortable for a on ear?

Ehh, it depends on your ear. Because the M/V-80's cant pivot horizontally, they tend to become quite uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so. I much perfer the Sennheiser HD25-II's for comfort, but the M/V-80's do sound substantially better than the LP's. If you have hearty ears, comfort may not be an issue.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 7
well i have big ears so i guess i wont go on the v moda m80.
i actually heard that after you burn in the v moda lp there actually pretty good,and i like modern music with bass as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back