VModa Headset Remix M-Class Bling Bling Black (Chrome) V PK2
Mar 12, 2007 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ordered the VModa Headset Remix M-Class Bling Bling Black (Chrome) by V-Moda and how do they sound compaired to the YUIN PK2?
I will be using them with my Zen V Plus at 12 m/w output.

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 21
good question Lou. unfortunately i dont remember seeing anyone mention a direct comparo, so you might be the first! please let us know, thanks!

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 21
Jahn
HI: I have the PK1 and it has replaced my headphones with my Little Dot II++ tube amp. I don't have the PK2 but the VModa Headset Remix M-Class Bling Bling Black (Chrome)
has some very good reviews. I will be using them with my ZEN V PLUS with no amp.
I am just woundering if the PK2 would sound better.

Mar 15, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 21
I've had the V-Moda earbuds for some time, and have recently gotten the Yuin PK2 earbuds. First, for me, earbuds come in handy in certain situations. I use them alot at work where I need to have something without isolation that is light and comfortable. I'm impressed by both the V-Moda and the Yuin - they are quite different however. To put it in terms of IEMs I've used, the PK2 is like the Ety ER6i - very good mids and highs, a little lacking on the bass. I enjoy them for vocals, jazz, folk, and classical. The V-Modas are bass heavy, with the highs rolled off a bit. The V-Modas do much better on rock and hip-hop. Would be nice to have an earbud that combines the two sounds - maybe some day.

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 21
based on this info & lou PMs i just wanted to buy them at http://www.shop4tech.com/item5203.html, but the shipping cost is higher than the headphones, it's $56 to be shipped to my country (near italy)... just too bad...

lou, if you'd like to sell them once you hear them, please let me know, i'd buy them from you... normal shipping cost should be much lower than that at shop4tech.com

or, if you really like them and will keep em, i'd ask you to buy them for me... of course, i'd send you money with PayPal first...

let me know if possible. thanks!

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 21
MrYman
HI: I will get them MONDAY and if I don't like them they are yours. Please send me a PM

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered the VModa Headset Remix M-Class Bling Bling Black (Chrome) by V-Moda and how do they sound compaired to the YUIN PK2?

the yuins are a bit brighter - they probably have greater extension on the top end. the remixes sound somewhat fuller, at least partly due to the above, but they also seem to have a bigger bottom, although it's not clear yet if they actually extend lower. the problem with these large buds, like so many other buds, is that the sound will change dramatically with position. i'd strongly recommend using ear clip pieces such as the ones that come with the jbl buds to keep them in place.

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

MrYman
HI: I will get them MONDAY and if I don't like them they are yours. Please send me a PM

c'mon Lou, you know that within a couple of wks you'll be shipping them off to mryman regardless of how much you like or dislike 'em.
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #9 of 21
daveDerek
You are so mean. LOL I am going to com pair them to the KOSS 75 clips with portapro drivers. I just bought a new very Strong portable radio The Sangean dt 200vx with a very strong headphone jack output. The remix would be more convent but the sound is what counts.

Mar 19, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
c'mon Lou, you know that within a couple of wks you'll be shipping them off to mryman regardless of how much you like or dislike 'em.
wink.gif

Quote:

daveDerek
You are so mean. LOL I am going to com pair them to the KOSS 75 clips with portapro drivers. I just bought a new very Strong portable radio The Sangean dt 200vx with a very strong headphone jack output. The remix would be more convent but the sound is what counts.

hate to say 'i told ya so', but i told ya so!
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231210
Lou, you can't truly judge these if their position isn't held just so. i think that jamato8's idea of using jbl bud ear clips to hold them in place is virtually mandatory to their useage and v-moda should include such a device with them!

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #12 of 21
daveDerek
HI: yep you were right. When I a/b them with my rat shack 16mm buds it was a joke. I an getting so tired of this hype stuff. The guy who is the co hype man on this forum said the remix were the best ear buds he ever heard. This guy really needs his ears check. lol. I fine the rat shack 33-1991 buds are the best ear buds that I ever heard and have had them for over a few years. No problem though I will sell them or give them away for free.

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

daveDerek
HI: yep you were right. When I a/b them with my rat shack 16mm buds it was a joke. I an getting so tired of this hype stuff. The guy who is the co hype man on this forum said the remix were the best ear buds he ever heard. This guy really needs his ears check. lol. I fine the rat shack 33-1991 buds are the best ear buds that I ever heard and have had them for over a few years. No problem though I will sell them or give them away for free.

I'll take 'em. Seriously, I need some earbuds.

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 21
buddha911
HI: After thinking about giving them away for free I recall the last time I gave a headphone the 595 away for free the member sold them. I could just as easily have sold them. So because of this ah member I will no longer give head-fi members free stuff. I would rather give it to a stranger in the street. I don't expect much from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back