Vitamin Q's Rule the World
Mar 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tomb

Member of the Trade: Beezar.com
In my spare time (what little I have of it), I like to watch old science fiction movies.  One that I watched a few weeks ago was the forerunner of the theme in the Terminator movies: "Colossus, the Forbin Project."  The story tells of a computer so large, so advanced, that it gains control of all the world's nuclear weapons and proceeds to hold the human race hostage for its own purposes.

I had seen the movie several times before, but until a few weeks ago, I had never paid attention to the opening credits.  There, used as a background intended to convey advanced and superior electronics and technology, was this image:

VitQsRuleTheWorld.jpg

There, in plain view are six Vitamin Q PIO capacitors intended to convey the ultimate in superior - even digital - technology.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Just for the record I've been told on this very web-site that, and I quote" Vitamin Q  capacitors would be the worst choice for his project"........ Vitamin Q's are still considered one of the best when used in the right circuits and when the right values are taken into consideration.......JMO That's a classic photo you've found, I'd love to have a T-shirt of that photo!!!! 

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Good enough for Skynet, then good enough for my next amp! (Until it becomes self aware!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back