visual difference between stereo and mono jacks?
Oct 29, 2001 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
why do I ask? well, I got some jacks right here, but before I start drilling holes in my tin, I want to be sure I got the right ones. the guy fromt he store I bought these jacks was like "well, it says mono on the box, but I see enough solder points for them to be stereo (three)".

but when I look at a plug, it has three parts: the tip and the main ehm.."tube" devided in two. but the jack has only one tube contact and one for the tip. and the bit that goes to the tip looks like it has a switch build in or something.

so, I think i got some mono jacks with built-in switches here, instead of a stereo. what do you think?

drew a picture
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 4
but the jack has only one tube contact

I don't need to look at your picture. Those are mono. He should have trusted the labelling on the box. Now make him pay for your lunch for driving back, and after exchanging them "accidently" tip over a display case on the way out...

Ok, since you bothered to draw it I'll go look at it...

Oct 29, 2001 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Apheared
but the jack has only one tube contact

I don't need to look at your picture. Those are mono. He should have trusted the labelling on the box. Now make him pay for your lunch for driving back, and after exchanging them "accidently" tip over a display case on the way out...

Ok, since you bothered to draw it I'll go look at it...

the pic ain't worth much
tongue.gif
should've done a 3d CAD rendering maybe
biggrin.gif
hey, I'm waiting for my parts! I'm bored!

well, ****, now I have to go there again, which is 10 minutes in the train (whichis free cause I got one of those stupid student cards!) and a 10 minutes walk! and then back again! and they cost $0.60 as well! per piece and I bought three of em!
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back