Vista, x-fi + foobar: How do you playback?
Aug 17, 2007 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kaluminati

Head-Fier
ASIO seems to have been broken for sometime now in vista whether it's creative's driver or the foobar dll I don't know.

Kernel streaming works long as I have no other sound going before I start playing, which is what it's supposed to do I know. My problem is I play games like WoW while I listen to music, and in XP I'd use ASIO so I could adjust the sound coming from foobar separate from my WoW/TeamSpeak sound.

I have my x-fi output digital to my Entech (to amp then to dt770s), bit matched playback with albums and bitmatched off so I can use the crystalizer for live DJ mixes that are low bitrates.

So far I've just been using the DS: 2 speakers selection for my output in foobar so I can have both my music and some WoW sound going at the same time; having to sacrifice some quality by not using KS/ASIO.

Now I don't know too much about how vista's sound works. Maybe someone can give me suggestions on a better way to do this.... aside from "Go back to xp"
wink.gif
Which I may do if I can't figure this out.

ps. Apparently Creative's alchemy will only function when in game mode... boo!

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Buy another computer!
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 5
What exactly is the problem?

If your concern is quality I wouldn't worry, it's not like it makes enough difference that you'll notice it while you've got other sounds (games etc) going.

If you just want to change volume separately you can do that in the Vista volume control... any program that uses sound should have it's own slider on the regular windows volume control. Click the little speaker icon thingy in the taskbar and it'll pop up.

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you just want to change volume separately you can do that in the Vista volume control... any program that uses sound should have it's own slider on the regular windows volume control. Click the little speaker icon thingy in the taskbar and it'll pop up.

Eer no. foobar hasn't got a volume slider really. Mine is turned off anyway. My Amp has a volume knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back