Vista + Realtek HD Audio AL888 + SP/DIF
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TylerEaves

Head-Fier
Just got my new PC in, running Vista 64 SP1. The PC has a built in Realtek HD Audio chip, with SPDIF. The output works, and sounds pretty good (Was using the SPDIF on an Envy24 card in the old PC), BUT the card doesn't output a continuous signal. When the PC generates a sound (like a rollover ding from a menu or whatever) I hear the relay in my Zero click in, the sound plays, and then the relay drops out. This is very annoying as the relay is very audible, even with phones on. Any suggestions? As a last resort I can stick the Envy24 back in, but that's a real last resort (The Realtek chip supports stuff like EAX that is good for games)

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi, I'm still waiting for my Senns 650 to arrive, but got the same soundcard...

Got the same soundchip like you, and I'm still thinking, whether to buy a DAC or not.

Zero/TC 7510 came into my mind, but since I never had a DAC/Headph. Amp I'm not sure if it'll be worth the money for me....

Of course this is very individual, but would you describe the difference of your soundcard to your DAC as a big one?

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 5
the sound card will not lift the veil of hd650. it is can drive it really loudly but no detail.

Feb 3, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Well yeah, atm I'm waiting for my Beresford
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back