Vista Bug? No thumbnail view
Nov 9, 2007 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
I have a new Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista Home Premium. Unlike Windows XP, Vista does NOT seem to have the "Thumbnail" option under "View" when viewing photos (jpeg) or video's (AVI). Vista only has view options like Lists, Icons, Tiles, Details, but NO Thumbnails!

This is extremely annoying b/c when I open a folder full of photo's or video's, I can't tell which one I'm looking at unless I click on it to actually view.

Anyone know a fix to display thumbnails in Vista?

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GimliLongBow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There should be a View option called Large or Extra Large Icons. Either one will display thumbnails. Even the Medium Icons setting will work, but Large looks better.

I tried all the view options, including the Large, extra large, etc. The icons still only show the generic symbols.

I don't know what "thrall" means by "click/drag the slider," but the only way for me to find out which pic/video a certain symbol is to click twice on the symbol
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #6 of 7
click Organize -> folder and search options -> "View" tab -> and make sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked.

If that doesn't work, in folder and search options. Hit "restore defaults" on all 3 tabs

I meant the slider under views, but never mind about that

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
click Organize -> folder and search options -> "View" tab -> and make sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked.

That should work. I shall have to keep it in mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back