Vista and Kernal streaming (prelude --> entech/amp) Remote control solution?
Dec 2, 2007 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kaluminati

Head-Fier
Seeing as how I can't control the volume other than through my amp when I'm using foobar + kernel streaming, a remote wouldn't help me in this situation...

Are there amps below $200 that have a remote or is that unheard of (unless it's a dac/amp combo perhaps?)

Current amp is a MisterX pimeta ($150, don't have the specs on hand atm, and I'm still noobish regarding amps n such). Sound card is the auzen prelude, which I just bought since my old x-fi plat starting the SCP (snap crackle pop) in games/videos after going 64bit vista.

Right now I have it coming out via toslink digital out --> entech ---> amp ---> Darth Zebras. I'd like to use the prelude as my DAC, but I take it using front panel connections (which connect up to the prelude) is bad in terms of noise etc. because I hear a lot of static/noise when I hooked up my RCAs w/3.5mm adapter to the front panel... I have to get an adapter for the card so I can keep both my speakers and my headphones connected to the front output at the same time...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm using XP, but in KS or ASIO mode in Foobar I can still control Foobar's volume, just not the system volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back