Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour
Oct 22, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #31 of 51
What disc players were they using as transports in those setups?

Oct 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #32 of 51
Awesome pictures !

How I hope that most audio companies are like that, allow factory pictures to be taken and to shown publicly. Those factory pictures serve as a powerful marketing material and intrigue one to find out more about the companies and its products.

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #33 of 51
  ... I tried to talk one of my kids' classes into a factory in CT about six years ago, but I was told legal wouldn't allow it (which may have just been an excuse). ...

Probably IS a legal issue.  Manufacturers need to be cautious with so many sue-happy lawyers looking to make money if someone was to get injured on the tour ...  
mad.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #37 of 51
  Oh nice cool to see everything.  Oh just small typo you might wanna fix under the picture you typed "Biforsts ready for shipment" instead of bifrost.  Just quick little error I wanted to point out.
But great pictures and nice to see what kind of testing equipment and speaker tastes they have haha.

Thanks, I fixed it now!
  If you can recall, was the tube Ragnarok a working prototype?

I only saw a board but there must have been some prototype. I think there must have been an issue if they didn't release it, perhaps it wasn't viable for whatever reason.

Good pics ! Are they using Sennheiser hd5.. And AKG headphones for testing ?
smily_headphones1.gif

They use many different headphones for testing. I think they had LCD's and HD800's as well if I'm not mistaken.

What disc players were they using as transports in those setups?

I'm not sure, there are some in the pics. They had different ones there but I can't remember now...

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #38 of 51
  Very nice.  I grew up in Germany in the 1970/80s and one of the standard type of school day trips was 'visit a factory'.  I saw some very impressive stuff (high speed wire making), and also some more mundane stuff (boxes of nuts, ready to be used off an assembly line).  It is very different than office work.  And US schools never seem to do this, to the extent that most American now have never set foot in a producation setting.  I tried to talk one of my kids' classes into a factory in CT about six years ago, but I was told legal wouldn't allow it (which may have just been an excuse).  In Germany letting kids into the factory is just seen as good public relations and a recruitment tool for a few years down the line.   

Same here. The obsession with building stuff, building machines that build stuff, build cars, build anything starts early and is deeply engrained when you grow up like that. It also forms values, appreciation of craftsmanship and boy do kids want to become engineers and inventors (and not just "famous" or "CEO", lol).

And like Oscar de la Renta said: Luxury to me is not about buying expensive things; it's about living in a way where you appreciate things."
We all appreciate Schiit's craftsmanship and work. It's good to see manufacturing quality products is still a good business.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #41 of 51
Great pictures! It looks like a place where hands on people work rather than a soulless assembly line. If you have more pics please post them.

Here are some more pictures. These are all of the shipping department!

The poster above Alex's desk here reads:
We bend over backwards for our customers.
But we won’t be bent forwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back